Is my Crooked Nose Fixable? (photo)

Hello, So I have a crooked nose and it really bothers me aesthetically and functionally. The bridge of my nose seems to have a larger bump on one side than it does on the other. It is also much harder to breathe out of my left nostril (the side with the larger bridge hump). Would rhinoplasty fix the crooked bridge? Would it change my profile view (because I don't want it to). I would like the frontal view to be more symmetric, and the 3/4 view to have the side with the larger hump smoothened

Crooked nose can be fixed

+1

Crooked noses are fixed through both medial and lateral osteotomies, which will narrow and straighten the nasal bones.  A cartilaginous spreader graft harvested from inside the nose, will be placed on the patient’s concaved left side to support the cartilage.  The upper lateral cartilages can also be addressed with closed rhinoplasty techniques and takes approximately 1 hour under general anesthesia.  Look for someone who has extensive experience correcting severely crooked noses.

Fixable

+1

You have posed some excellent nasal questions!  See three Cosmetic Facial Surgeons who will give to valuable information about Functional Rhinoplasty, which will help your nasal airway.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straigtening the crooked nose

+1

Yes, a crooked nose can be made much straighter with rhinoplasty and can be done with high reliability.  Doing so often improves breathing in the nasal passage on the side opposite of the direction your nasal bridge is currently leaning.  Your profile need not be affected if you simply wish to fix the crooked nose.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the Crooked Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty would straighten your nose and make the other changes you want without altering your profile which is excellent. Nasal function (breathing) will be improved at the same time.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. You will benefit from septorhinoplasty. This would correct the septal and boney deformity. I agree with you, your profile view looks good and not be changed. 

You need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to address your concerns.  Be very clear about your goals and hopes. Take pictures with you of what you hope to look and check your surgeons before and after photo gallery. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Is my Crooked Nose Fixable?

+1

Yes, a septorhinoplasty will straighten your nose and improve your breathing. The "shoulders" that you see from the front view can be reduced as well. This should not affect your profile in any way. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's extremely common when a nose is crooked it's actually the other side has worse breathing

+1

Some time during growing up or being born something pushed your nose to one side, since the septum that divides the two sides is fixed on the bottom it usually bends and blocks the opposite side. Fixing both breathing and straightening out a crooked nose are best performed at the same time. Grafts are used from your septum to both improve breathing and to help straighten the crooked nose. This will improve the way your nose looks from both 3/4 views. You can either modify or keep the tip and profile the same. All these options should be discussed with your surgeon.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Septorhinoplasty or The Crooked Nose

+1

A full septorhinoplasty will help straighten your nose.likely improve your breathing and will not change your profile Although be aware that the crooked nose can be one of the challenging of all rhinoplasty surgeries to have a perfectly straight result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fixing Your Crooked Nose Will Also Fix Your Breathing Problems

+1

A rhinoplasty could be done in a way to accomplish all of your goals. You can change the bridge and the view from the front and 3/4 without changing the side view. The other bonus is that the rhinoplasty will also make it so you can breath much better through your nose. A rhinoplasty is the most difficult of all the facial plastic surgery procedures so finding a good board certified rhinoplasty surgeon with a lot of experience is a must. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose can be done treating all of the issues you mentioned and leaving the profile alone. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.