Will my columella still lift? 4 months since closed rhinoplasty

I had closed rhinoplasty 4 months ago to fix my hanging columella. Although I did immediately see a difference right after surgery I haven't seen it lift much since. I spoke with my doctor and he said it will still lift but in order for the results I want it has to lift another 4mm or so, and the tip has to begin to point slightly up instead of straight. Is this possible? Can the shape really still change that much? I'm very nervous I won't see the results I was looking for.

Will My Columella Still Lift

+1
A nose will continue to change for up to 1 year after a rhinoplasty but without pictures I cannot be more specific in answering your question. It is best to be patient at this time.

+1
The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Hanging columella

+1
Without photos and an examination and review of your operative note, it is impossible to give an intelligent answer.  That said from your description a hanging columella will not spontaniously relift after surgery and a drooping tip will also not spontaniously get higher.  I would see my PS in two more months and ask what can be done if you see no change.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon