My Coccyx /Tailbone Appears to Be Protruding from my Lower Back. Can It Be Shaven Down or is It Safer Left Alone? (photo)

I visited a general surgeon who said that the coccyx seemed to be larger than normal, resulting in a protrusion under the skin, resulting in the fold visible in the picture attached. For cosmetic reasons, I was wondering is this something that can be fixed? Is there a procedure that can shave down the tailbone so that it doesn't stick out like this? Should I get a second opinion? Or is it safer to just leave it the way it is since it doesn't cause too much pain, although some pain exists?

Coccyx

+1

This is a potentially risky procedure best carried out by a neurosurgeon.There are a lot of nerves in that area that can give you some long term pain issues.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon