Is my Chin in Proportion with my Face? (photo)

I was doing a project on the ideal face, and one thing I could not figure out was if my chin was in proportion with the rest of my face? If not, I'd like to do something about it.

Is my Chin in Proportion with my Face?

+1

I have written a book on the aesthetics of face and body beauty and yes, from the profile photo provided your chin has the ideal amount of augmentation for a female face.  

Face and chin proportions

+1

Your face and chin are of excellent proportion and there is no need for a chin implant. Leave well enough alone.

Is my Chin in Proportion with my Face?

+1

The ideal chin position sits about 2mm behind a line dropped from the junction of the red and white portion of your lower lip. I would say that your face is very well proportioned. You have a nice profile and I wouldn't recommend changing your chin in any way. I hope this information is helpful. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Proportions

+1

You have a great chin - leave it alone. The format on this post tells me that I need 61 more characters in this response so I'll say it again - leave your chin alone.

Chin Proportions

+1

The photos are not ideal however your chin looks good to me. I would not classify your chin as weak or retruded.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Is my Chin in Proportion with my Face?

+1

Dear tcarmi,

Thank you for your post.  First off, you are a very pretty girl.  I think you have overall great facial structure, beautiful eyes, and a charming smile.  You definitely don't 'need' to do anything.  Your first photo has you sticking your chin out, and on this photo, it looks like there is no issue with your chin proportions.  The second profile photo, you are tilted down, slightly, but only slightly.  You could use a slight chin augmentation to be in proportion, but this is being picky.  Also, you could use a slight de-projection of the nose in this view.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon