My Chin Implat is Large Size with Wings, Is It Too Big? (photo)

2 weeks ago i hand chin implant 9mm with wings , i had a receeding chin from the lateral side view bt i loved my face from the front , now i feel like my face is way too long and specially the lower part of my face , my smile too is restricted and my lower lip covers my lower teeth this bothers me i used to love my smile :( , should i wait for 3 months or i have too replace it with a smaller one , i had nose job 6 months before the chin btw

Too soon to tell

+2

I would not jump to conclusions just yet nancy.  It is too soon after surgery to tell so I would be patient.  It looks right now as if you have had a very nice result considering the chin recession and noticeable asymmetry you had pre-op.  Speak to your plastic surgeon and be patient.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have a nice result after Chin Implant Surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Aesthetically, I like your result. Your profile and front view have attractive improvement, in my opinion. You may not want to rush into a smaller size just yet.

I cannot comment on the functional issues with your smile, but these may improve with time.

All the best from NJ.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post chin implant is it to big?

+2
It is to early to tell. Difficulty smiling and restriction in the lip movement is common two weeks post chin augmentation. In viewing your pre and post operative photographs it appears that the implant is aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes with a larger chin implant it can make the frontal view of the face seem a bit more masculine and elongated. If you are not satisfied after time goes on discuss this with your surgeon and I am sure that he/she will be happy to revise it and place a smaller implant in if that is what is desired. Do give it sometime and allow the healing process and your beautiful smile to rejuvenate and then decide. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Evaluating Chin Implant 2 Weeks after Placement

+1

It is impossible to answer your questions 2 weeks after surgery. Normal temporary post-op swelling can cause everything that disturbs you.

Too big implant?

+1

It's too soon to say if your implant is too large. There is swelling in the area still that should continue to subside over the next several weeks. I don't necessarily get the impression that your face is too long now on frontal view. It may be that you're not used to the different appearance.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin-augmentation