My child who is 15 has been wanting a nose job since 7th grade. Would a doctor work on her even though she's 15?

Rhinoplasty at age 15

+1

The earliest age for a Rhinoplasty is 15 for females, as a general rule. A consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon will determine if she is a candidate for sure. A variety of reasons could make her ineligible, for example if she is very small for her age.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 15?

+1

An in-person consultation would be necessary to determine if she is a good candidate for a rhinoplasty, but 16 is typically better. The most important factor in deciding if your daughter is a candidate is her maturity level, final growth phase of her bone structure and whether she fully understands all that surgery entails.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Teenage Rhinoplasty

+1

A 15 year old can be a candidate based on physical, social and emotional issues. If your daughter's face has shown signs of maturing growth then surgery might be appropriate. In this day and age, teenagers are exposed to tremendous peer pressure and criticism to the point of bullying that surgery at an early age might also be suitable. Every case needs to be handled on an individual basis.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty under age 17

+1

Mayte.V Generally you should wait until a girl is 16 or 17 before having a rhinoplasty. I will usually base my decision on the patients physical and emotional maturity. As you know girls mature at different ages, some 15 year olds are very physically mature and it may be reasonable to proceed with surgery. They should be emotionally mature because rhinoplasty can be fairly uncomfortable for patients and your daughter would need to be prepared for this. Your plastic surgeon will discuss these issues with you and help you decide what is best for your daughter.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at age 15

+1

It is probably acceptable to undergo rhinoplasty at age 15 to 15-1/2 as long as the face has quit growing.

Rhinoplasty on 15 Year Old Female

+1

Over the past 35 years I have done many rhinoplasties on 15 year young ladies. It is very rare that a lady like your daughter is not facially mature.

Rhinoplasty in a 15 year old...

+1

Yes. A rhinoplasty can be performed safely in a 15 year old as they 1) have completed the majority of their expected growth curve 2) are emotionally mature enough to consider the risks and benefits and 3) Have parental consent. Some of my happiest patients over the years have been teenagers 15-17 who underwent rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps,

best,

Michael Salzhauer MD FACS

Bal Harbour Plastic Surgery Associates

Michael Salzhauer, MD

+1

If growth is complete, the rhinoplasty can be performed. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA