Is my Chest Small Enough for Lazer Lipo?

I am a guy with extreme gynecomastia (as a trans man, I was previously a DD, now possibly a B-C cup). I was told weightloss might help me as was overweight, I've since lost 60lbs. The skin on my chest is very stretched out. My "breasts" are much more mushy. I'm considering laser lipo, but think I might be a better candidate for double masectomy. Can laser lipo do much in this extreme of a situation?

Is my Chest Small Enough for Laser Lipo?

+1

With a B to C cup after weight loss, you will need a skin and tissue excision surgery not laser liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chest excess

+1

Without an exam or at least photos it is difficult to say, but based upon your description it sounds like you have sk in excess as well and will need a reduction.

Excess skin in gynecomastia will not be eliminated by laser treatment.

+1

Most gynecomastia can be treated by suction or direct excision without any skin take out. If there is a sizable amount of excess skin only surgical removal can solve the problem. The laser is a waste of time and money.

Gynecomastia: Does laser lipo work?

+1

If you are looking for the lipo to reduce the volume, yes it may work.  If you are looking for the laser to shrink the skin, very doubtful.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo

+1
obviously we would all want to see photographs. I can give you a general rule of thumb on this which is it is highly unlikely that the laser will give you enough skin shrinkage in this type of situation to matter. almost certainly will require some form of skin removal.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon