Why Does my Chest Feel Like Its on Fire?

I am 2 weeks 3 days post op. I did great the first week but now for the last 8 days my chest feels like A sunburn of a lifetime my bra feels like sandpaper it's not bearable and I am going crazy with it. Everything looks good I am not red not hot to the touch both have dropped and look good & even I took cephalexin after surgery so I don't think it's an infection. It's like when your foot falls asleep you try to shake it to wake it up those few seconds of pain tingling has been 8 straight days

Chest Feels Like It's On Fire

+2

You have addressed most of what I would ask you so I think you are left with this is just the healing process. I do have patients say they feel burning in the chest as the implant is stretching the muscle over time. The skin will stretch as well and depending on how tight your skin envelope was it could be a great deal of stretching over time. I do think you should see your surgeon to make sure nothing bigger is going on.

+2

There are all kinds of sensations that are noted by patients after breast surgery, and this is one we have all heard occasionally. Usually there is no specific explanation, but it does sound bothersome enough to justify a visit to your surgeon to be examined. Often a topical   local anesthetic cream or patch will be helpful, and if indicated can be prescribed by your surgeon. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Burning after breast augmentation

+2

You may just be having return of the nerve sensation which often is described as you have written.   You seem to have hypersensitivity which typically lasts only a few weeks to a month at the most in my experience.   There isnt a lot that can be done at this point except to wait it out.  Thanks

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Burning feeling

+1
This is not uncommon. Your nerves may be regenerating, causing this sensation. Your skin is also stretched at the moment which may be contributing to the feeling. This will all go away in the days and weeks following your surgery.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Chest on Fire 2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

Burning sensations after 2 weeks are typically normal responses to surgery.  A physical exam can rule out anything else.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Sensour issues after augmentation

+1

Dyesthesia is fairly common after breast augmentation and often due to swelling. It usually gets better with time.  If you are having pain associoated with it, I always get concernced for a causalgia which is more pain like and often requires the experitse of a pain specialist to help resolve this. Speak to your surgeon.

On fire

+1

There are all forms of new sensations that you will feel while recovering from breast augmentation. Try not wearing the bra or a softer bra for support only until these feelings go away.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS