For My First Chemical Peel, What Percentage Is Best?

I want to do a 25% tca/pumpkin peel for my stomach and I want to know if the percentage is too strong.If so,do you have any suggestions ? My skin is light in some areas. Thanks Delicia

Do it yourself peels are risky

+1

It has been my experience to care for a number of people who got chemicals online and peeled themselves or friends with disasterous results. Scarring is a risk, as is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I do not recommend 25% TCA be done unless it is done by an expert. I am not even comfortable with aestheticians doing this procedure. See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

New Orleans Dermatologist

25% TCA

+1

Firstly, I would not do a 25% peel in this area. Secondly, I would need to know how dark or light your normal skin color is before advising you on peels. Thirdly, You doctor should be experienced and  if you  are letting them do this and they can decide on what would be best. Thirdly, if you are doing this yourself, don't. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

This could easily be too strong and result in scaring.

+1

It sounds like you are planning to give yourself the peel.  When I teach physicians chemical peels I advise them never to perform stronger than a 15% TCA peel below the jaw line.  The body simply does not heal as well as face.  I strongly recommend against peeling yourself.  Seek an appropriately trained dermatologist, facial or general plastic surgeon for this type of care.