What Are my Chances of Keloiding? Can I Re-pierce and Get Surgery and Minimize Keloid Chances?

My original piercings from childhood never scarred but the second piercings I got after puberty (around age 14) were ripped out of my ears and resulted in keloid scars. I have since gotten tattoos and a naval piercing, neither of which resulted in a keloid. I had a c-section with minimal scarring. I'm wondering if I can reopen my original piercing in my ear without a keloid? I also would like to have a breast lift in the near future but am concerned about keloids on my breast.

Keloid recurrence after ear piercing

+1

There is always a chance of keloid recurrence. I would recommend you have a consultation and follow up with a plastic surgeon who specializes in keloids after your piercing.

Keloids

+1

There is no rhyme or reason why patients get keloids in one area and not in another. The fact that you have formed them once means you can do it again anywhere

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS