Will my Off-center Belly Button Correct Itself After my Tummy Tuck?

I am 5 days post-op after a tummy tuck and lipo. My only concern is that my belly button is off-center to the left by about 3/4 to 1 inch and it also seems a little high. When I asked my doctor about it he said not to worry, that it is only off-center because of the asymmetrical swelling and that it will settle into the exact location of the original navel, because of the type of construction he used, anchoring it to the umbilicus. Is this true? Do I have anything to worry about?

Umbilicus off center following an abdominoplasty

+1

It has been shown in many studies that the umbilicus is not a midline structure and in fact 15% of the time it is not in the midline naturally.  Of course, with a plastic surgical procedure perfection and absolute symmetry are the goals.  If your umbilicus is off center it could be just from early swelling.  Wait 6 months and if not improved you can consider a revision.

Off center bellybutton after tummy Tuck

+1

You may need to wait several months for the swelling to come down before you know if the umbilicus is truly off center, but in my experience if it is off center immediately postop it will be off center in a few months as well.  Obviously your situation is unique and only your surgeon know what things look like. A photo would be helpful.  Best of luck to you.