My cast fell off day 6 post op after showering. Will this affect my results?

Rhinoplasty fell off in shower

+1

Hi Rhinoplasty problems -

Generally speaking a nasal cast that comes off after 6 days should not affect long term results. It is a good idea to contact your surgeon regarding this, as he/she knows the details of your surgery.

Good luck,

Dr. Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Just followup with your surgeon for an exam to be sure. There is likely no issue if the splint fell off at 6 days.

Cast Fell Off 6 Days Post Op

+1

You should follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible. We usually like to keep the splint on the nose for 5 to 10 days after surgery. This depends on what was done in the procedure, and how the patient is healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD