My Case: Open Rhinoplasty 15 Month Ago, Crooked Nose, Deviation? (photo)

I have seen a otolaryngologist which confirmed a small deviation on my right side. I want to know: what is the best procedure in this case? It seems the deviation is in the upper cartilage. Open or closed rhinoplasty? Any advise, I would appreciate it. Is it a minor or major correction? Thanks.

Possible Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Lili,

Based on your photos, the deviation you mentioned is barely noticeable.

However, it is not possible to determine the best approach to fix the irregularity you described without physical examination during a consultation.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery (especially a delicate revision as yours) and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

Overall I think you had a nice result but I would need to see before pictures. Is the deviation an internal septal deviation or are you speaking of a deviation of your entire nose?
Many patients do not realize that there noses do not line up in the midline perfectly. My nose was not aligned in the midline before my Rhinoplasty and it is the same now, however the changes I wanted are visible. If you have breathing problem then surgical correction might be warranted. If this is a cosmetic concern seek a board certified specialist for revision nose surgery and see what they say. I do all of my Rhinoplasties open because I believe in seeing the cartilage and bone structures that I am going to manipulate right in front of my face. We are all trained different so go with the method your surgeon is comfortable with. Both can lend great results.

Richard J. Brown, MD

What to do about a post-surgical nasal deviation

+1

The main issue to decide is whether this is a cosmetic problem or is it a functional problem.  Cosmetic problems are amenable to camouflage solutions including non-surgical approaches such as filler.  Functional problems almost always require surgical correction.  Your best bet is to find a revision rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation.  

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon