What Can I Do About my Capsular Contracture? When Can I Get Surgery for my Capsular Contracture?

pre op 34 B .had 550 cc silicone implants, under.i am now 4months post op .with CC in right breast i want to get rid of it asap. i really despise my P.S. and am in the process of finding a new one, as he has been rude from day one :/ but i was anxious to get my surgery and settled with him. the reviews dont lie, i know that now. can someone tell me what to do and when i can get this out oh and how much will this cost me with a new surgeon. mine will not get a dime more from me :/

Find another surgeon in your area

+1
Please look for another experienced and board certified plastic surgeon in your area who you can trust. You should rely on your instinct and make sure you have a good rapport with them before proceeding with surgery. Once you meet with them, the cost can be determined as it depends on what would be needed to adequately treat your capsular contracture. I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through and I wish you the best of luck!

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I am sorry to hear about your experience if you actually have a cap con you can try non surgical options first which include a few medications and ultrasound treatment before a surgical option

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Capsular contracture shortly after breast augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Generally, it is best to remove the entire scar tissue (capsule) rather than just a portion.  Very careful technique is also important, leaving no blood behind, treating the tissues very delicately.  This sometimes takes a little bit of time.

Make sure your next step is very carefully considered because you don't want to be where you are again in a few months.

Take your time, interview several board certified plastic surgeons, preferably ASAPS members with a dedicated interest is aesthetic surgery.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Capsule contracture

+1

Frequently, just doing an open capsulotomy will resolve the contracture.  This works about 90% of the time and would be done at a fee of $2000 with an operating room fee of $800 and anesthesia of $700.  

If that doesn't work, then an acellular dermal material can be inserted.  This is very effective but quite costly.  The procedure would be $4500 and the material can cost around $2500.  Again there would be operating room and anesthesia fees.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Capsular Contracture

+1

Capsular contracture can happen to anyone and it's unfortunate that it has happened to you.  Fortunately, you can do something to hopefully correct it.  Without a physical exam or viewing photos, it sounds like you may want to consider a Remove and Replace with a capsulectomy and possibly incorporate an acellular dermal matrix.  Cost will be hard to say without an exam so start interviewing Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and find one you are comfortable with.  Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Correction of capsular contracture

+1

Hello. Correction of capsular contracture can happen as soon as you start feel discomfort and notice deformity in the breast that is out of the ordinary. Correction would involve capsulotomy, capsulectomy and either exchange or removal of implants. I couldn’t tell you what to expect as far as cost with a new surgeon because all surgeons charge differently. Take the time to find the right board certified plastic surgeon.  I wish you the best of luck.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Capsular Contracture

+1

A photo and some more info would be helpful. I can't tell, for instance if you want to get rid of the implants or the contracture. I don't know if your implants are above or below the muscle. Have you had any non-operative treatment for the contracture (massage, vitamin E, NSAIDs, Singulair).

It does sound appropriate to find a new surgeon. What it might cost is beyond my willingness to guess, because there are so many variables in choosing treatment. If a material like Strattice is needed, this could cost more than the primary surgery. Consulting with surgeons and getting their quotes would be the only way to get the information you will need.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

When Can I Get Surgery for my Capsular Contracture?

+1

You don't mention what type of treatment you are getting for your CC if any.  I typically recommend that you try Accolate and ultrasound therapy for an early CC, and this can sometimes alleviate the need for another surgery.  If surgery is necessary, then there is no reason you cannot start looking into this now.  I agree that you will need a complete capsulectomy. Price will vary a bit with each surgeon and facility, but go with a surgeon who has excellent credentials and results.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

+1

A capsular contracture can happen and treatment will require exchange the implants and removal of the capsule.  Good luck in your search.

Early capsular contracture following augmentation

+1

If you have early capsular contracture, then I would still recommend that you continue massage therapy until you are about 6 months from original surgery. There are different options available and it's best to discuss with your surgeon in person. Typically I would remove the scar tissues and consider changing to different implants. When you go to a new surgeon for consultation, it always a good idea that you bring your op report with you. This will help the surgeon providing the best options for you.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS