My Buttocks Feel Sore After Brazilian Buttlift?

I have a Brazilian buttlift on (April 18 2012). I am feeling a sore pain in both buttocks; and i am still scared to sleep on my back.Is thi issue a matter to be concerned about?... How long do i have to wait before i can sleep comfortley on my back.HELP

Sore After Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello. Usually the majority of discomfort after a Brazilian Butt Lift is felt during the first 2-4 days, but you can expect swelling and soreness for 4-6 weeks post-operation. Extreme pain, however, can be a sign of infection and you should check with your doctor.

I recommend that my patients wait for two weeks before sitting or sleeping on their backs to ensure the highest survival rate of fat cells possible.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/brazilian-butt-lift-6998

Soreness is still normal at your stage of healing of a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

Some of the fat that was placed in your buttocks during the Brazilian buttock lift was placed within the gluteus muscle.  It is likely that some of the discomfort that you are feeling currently is from this although it is very difficult to tell what is going on inside.  If you are not having any redness, fevers, or drainage then it is likely still a part of the healing process.  I personally do not have any restriction on sleeping on your back for my BBL patients as I do not think that this has a bad effect if there is adequate padding.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/buttocks-shaping.cfm

Sore feeling after BBL / adolorido despues de transferencia de grasa

+1

It is common to have some soreness after your Brazilian buttlift.  Two months later is within the realm of normal. I allow my patients to sleep on their back after two weeks. If you have concerns please follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Best of luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Es normal sentirse adolorida despues de una cirugia de transferencia de grasa. Dos meses despues es cuando se empieza a volver a la normalidad. Yo permito con que mis pacientes duerman boca arriba solamente dos semanas despues de la cirugia.  Si usted tiene algun tipo de preocupacion por favor converse con su cirujano plastico.

Suerte y gracias por su pregunta.

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD