Why Does my Butt and Hips Hurt when I Sit or Lay on Them 1 Month After Lipo?

4 weeks post op ett w/mr lipo to full back, lower waist, inner thigh and fg to butt and hips, is it normal for me to feel pain in my butt and hips when sitting on boppy or laying on my sides? This just started 3/23/12.

Not uncommon to have some discomfort 4 weeks after liposuction

+1

Hello Carolyn,

Thank you for the question.  Soreness even at 4 weeks after liposuction is not uncommon especially if you have started increasing your activity.  It will improve with time.  You will have to pay attention to when the discomfort is worse as overdoing it from an activity standpoint may cause some temporary increase in discomfort.

Dr. Remus Repta

Pain 1 month after lipo

+1

It is not uncommon to still be having the type of pain you're describing at this phase of recovery.  Though much probably appears healed on the surface, there is much more healing going on in your body.  You should notice gradual improvement over the coming days and weeks though.  Make sure to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon who can monitor your progress.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Reason for pain after liposuction and fat grafting.

+1

At 4 weeks after surgery, you are still in the early stages of healing.  The tissues beneath your skin are healing and with that comes some firmness, swelling and the tissues tighten as they heal.  Sitting on these freshly operated tissues can be uncomfortable but as the areas fully heal and the tissues relax and soften, which can take up to 6 months, there should be a progressive lessening of any discomfort.  Check back with your plastic surgeon for follow up to be sure everything is going well.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD