I have my bump on my nose more on the right than the left. Also having breathing problems. Would rhinoplasty help? (Photo)

I was considering rhinoplasty, but I feel like I can't breath right too. Do I need a function nose surgery as well? Also how do I ask my primary care doctor for one?

Trouble breathing and a bump on the nose

+1
Typically, nasal breathing problems can be improved with surgery. Likewise, a bump on the bridge of the nose can also be improved with surgery. An examination/ consultation would be required to give you any specific advice about what might or might not help you. For a combination breathing problem and bump on your nose your best first stop would likely by a Facial Plastic Surgeon. You can ask your doctor for a referral or recommendation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing problems and a bump on the nose?

+1
The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with an artistically performed rhinoplasty, septoplasty and possible turbinate surgery by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery. Both function and cosmetic appearance are taken into account.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would notbe in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I have my bump on my nose more on the right than the left. Also having breathing problems. Would rhinoplasty help?

+1
The bump and breathing issues can be addressed at the same time through a closed approach so that you do not have any visible scars.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Bump on nose and breathing problems

+1
Your description of hurting your nose and now having breathing problems is very common. I would consider being evaluated by a facial plastic surgeon who is also certified as an Otolaryngologist (ENT). A complete evaluation of your nose, breathing and your aesthetic concerns can be addressed. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose and Breathing Problems

+1
If you need a referral from your primary care doctor to get nasal evaluation and possible surgery talk to that physician about your breathing problem. Your insurance plan may pay for the cost of the functional improvement.