My Bump is Back?

I had closed rhinoplasty to remove a bump on the upper bridge of my nose. The bump was most visible in my three-quarter view as it was squarish, but minor. I had bruising on my left side, but no bruising on my right side. It's been 3 weeks and I now have a slight bump in my profile and the square bump is back on my right side. Does this mean that my doc didnt take enough off? I know i have to wait 12-18 mnths to get revision, but once i get one, will I need the splint on for 10 whole days again?

Early asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

I would not be concerned about minor asymmetries in the early recovery period.  These asymmetries and bumps are quite common and will resolve with time.  

Nasal dorsal profile alignment can be complex

+1

It is very important to evaluate if the 'bump' is caused by bone, cartilage or soft tissue. The bump may be due to some scar formation after the surgery.  The cause of the bump is very important in order to make sure the correct solution to your concern is used.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Bump is Back?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty it is too early to judge the result due to swelling that must resolve and healing that must occur.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Bump after rhinoplasty #rhinoplasty #revisionrhinoplasty

+1

It is very early in your recovery to judge the result. It is common for this to happen as the bony/cartilage junction on the bridge can swell after surgery. Be patient.

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon