Is bulge due to muscle laxity or failure of muscle repair? Would a revision give me a flat tummy (3PO)? (Photos)

2 kids, had a MiniTT with MR to just above the BB and HR from previous surgery.Never had a flat tummy after TT (looked pregnant) and was told it was swelling.My PS told me now that I have reached the final results and that my bulge is due to lack of laxity of my SM and that only sport could fix this. But I am not quiet convinced since I have seen other women with much bigger tummies go flat after a TT.He admitted that there is excess skin.Revision? I don't seem to have enough skin for a full TT.

Limitation with Mini Tummy Tuck

+2
Looking at your pictures helps a great deal.  There is a small subset of people who benefit from a mini tummy tuck to the extent that they might desire to benefit. In most people, and in your pictures I would guess you fit into the most people category, a full tummy tuck can provide the most dramatic results. Mini TT is best left for those people without enough skin to do a full tummy tuck. The advantage you did benefit from, however, is an easier recovery. I do think a full TT would allow the opportunity to tighten your muscles more and get out the extra skin.  I would wait at least 6 months after you initial surgery but a year or longer would be ideal.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Is bulge due to muscle laxity or failure of muscle repair? Would a revision give me a flat tummy (3PO)?

+2
Thanks for the excellent series of posted photos. Your case demonstrates the risks of doing a mini TT vs a Full TT. You should have been informed that the mini NEVER achieves a flat flat appearance pre operatively. Thus you fall in this category. The result though very conservative is still a result and you did not have the longer healing time with a full TT and added expense. I might recommend aggressive exercise and diet to help flatten.. 

Mini tummy tuck = Mini satisfaction

+2
You were a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  I am not a fan of the Minis.   You now need to have a full tummy tuck and yes it is very possible.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Is bulge due to muscle laxity or failure of muscle repair? Would a revision give me a flat tummy?

+2
Based on your photos you were a candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck and not a Mini Tummy Tuck.  It is not possible to get the results you desire with a mini tummy tuck.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is bulge due to muscle laxity or failure of muscle repair? Would a revision give me a flat tummy

+1
The bulge is definitely do to a failure of muscle repair, After pregnancies your have muscle separation and if there not repair by a tummy tuck procedure you would alway have the prominent abdomen. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD