Can my Bulbous Tip and Large Nose Be Reduced? (photo)

I have a very large nose and, I think, also thick skin. I am very nervous that my nose can't be made smaller and that I will not see great improvement. These pics aren't the best quality but I hope you can get a general idea of what it looks like!

Rhinoplasty for Large Nose with Bulbous Tip

+1

It is very realistic to expect a decrease in the size of your nose and refinement of your tip following a rhinoplasty. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you can establish reasonable goals.

Rhinoplasty to refine the nasal tip

+1

You do seem to have thick skin as you mentioned, and while this does limit the amount of improvement that can be achieved in terms of tip refinement, rhinoplasty will certainly improve it.  

Rhinoplasty to refine tip

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for surgery, but an in person examination would be essential

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set2.php?procedure=primary_rhinoplasty/w400&id=01C

Rhinoplasty evaluation

+1

It is difficult to adequately evaluate your nose without better photos or an in office exam. I will say that there are some limitations to tip definition because of the thick tissues.

Rhinoplasty for round tip

+1

Your posted photos are inadequate for a full assessment because you covered the bridge and there is no side view. I suspect you would benefit from alar base narrowing and decreased projection of the tip out of the plane of the face. If the bridge is currently ski sloped augmenting the bridge will help to make the tip look smaller.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Can my bulbous tip and large nose be reduced?

+1

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos and do believe that you can get a very good result in the hands of the right surgeon. It is true in the sense that you are thick skinned and will not get the best refinement, you can still get a good improvement. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

Rhinoplasty Surgery Consultation to Answer your Questions

+1

A good consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist will help answer all of your inquiries. Your nose may be greatly improved with some refinements via rhinoplasty surgery. I personally use a digital imaging computer during my surgical consultations which allows the patient to see the proposed surgical results prior to surgery. I also have hundreds of before and after photographs as well as photographs showing the computer imaging so the patient may see how close in proximity these proposed results are with the final results. I would suggest a consultation with a direct examination with a rhinoplasty specialist to help answer all of your questions. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com