Is my Bruising and Pain in my Right Breast Normal?

Hi, I had a breast lift and implants 9 days ago. My left breast is dropping and is not painful. My right breast is still very high,firm and sore. I have also noticed the bruising on the right breast is spreading. My young son did elbow the right breast a few days ago also. The bruising is yellow with patches of dark brown and red and there is a yellow bruise spreading up my cleavage too. The main bruise is on the under part of my breast around the stitches. I am not sure how to attatch a photo

Larger Breast with Higher Implant and Bruising

+1

Anytime there is bruising and a larger breast after breast augmentation with a sudden increase in volume, the patient should be examined to rule out a hematoma.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA

Bruising After Breast Augmentation

+1

It is normal for the two breasts to feel and behave differently. If you really do have a significantly harder more firm right breast that is black and blue and getting worse you need to make sure you did not develop a hematoma on that side. Make sure to communicate with your surgeon about this. Otherwise, you will notice that the implants will drop at different rates. It might take  6 months or so for them to even out.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Bruising After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Ayla,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As you may already know, a photo would have been helpful to disregard the possibility of a hematoma.

However, I am not sure what you meant by " noticed the bruising on the right breast is spreading". Is it a spreading of the dark purple/blue color or is it just yellowish/orangey color?

Therefore, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with a solid diagnosis. However, it is not uncommon that patients express bruising after a breast surgery.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon to make sure that you did not develop a hematoma and in case you did, then a quick intervention from his/her end will put you on the right track for a correct recovery.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Bruising after breast surgery

+1

Some bruising is normal, but without an exam, I can not say what you are describing is normal or not.

Bruising

+1

It is not uncommon to have some bruising after this surgery. You should continue with your weekly or bi weekly visits to your surgeon for frequent evaluation.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Post-op swelling

+1

This may represent normal post-op swelling and bruising, or it could be a post-op hematoma. If there is no significant size difference, then probably nothing to worry about.If this side gets larger then you need to call your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast impalnt pain

+1

This does not sound unusual at this early stage in your recovery.  If the pain and swell become worse I would see your surgeon sooner rather than later

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

+1

Nothing I read in your question sounds concerning.  Running this question past your own surgeon would be appropriate

It is common to have asymmetry early on, and usually the implant on the handed side is the higher one. 

Thanks, best wishes.