My Brother Broke His Nose from the Bone Its to a Side Right Now?

My brother broke his nose. the bone it looks completly out of place and to a side. we took him to the hospital the couldnt do nothing this wednesday there gonna operate him and im scared they said its not a normal operation. i just wanna know are they gonaa put it in place and is he gonaa be ok?

Broken nose

+1

In general, a procedure called a closed nasal reduction is performed if it is within a week of the initial trauma. It is a fairly simple procedure, and as long as his work is being performed by a board certified surgeon who has a lot of experience and great credentials, he will be in great hands. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

How is a broken, deviated nose reset or repaired?

+1

During the first two weeks after a nasal fracture, the bones can typically just be reset or lifted and pushed back into position. If the injury is more than two to three weeks old, the bones have healed and typically need to be cut, repositioned and set in place with a splint for one week following surgery. This is a fairly routine and safe procedure in experienced hands. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken nose repair

+1

The proper procedure for broken nose that is twisted and displaced is known as an open reduction of a nasal fracture. This is performed through  small  incisions on the inside of the nose. A cast will be required and placed across the bridge and left in place for one week to ensure proper healing. Repair of a nasal fracture is usually submitted to insurance and is not considered cosmetic. Always best to document this with an x-ray if possible for insurance  purposes

Broken crooked nose

+1

Nasal surgery to straighten the nose is the best way to get the put back to the center of your face. It is commonly done with Rhinoplasty surgery which is very safe and accurate. Have your brother speak to the surgeon. How old is your brother?

David Ellis

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery.com

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon