My Bridge Looks Too Thin 9 Days Post Op?

Dr says dont look at nosePlease help I'm so depressed. I am Asian and I just went to the doctor to have my splint removed. I noticed my bridge looks really thin and is standing high. The bridge looks like a high sharp shiny ramp very unnatural. In due time will the tip drop that way the bridge wont look so fake and high? Will my thin bridge fill out in time??? I think my Dr made my bridge too thin? Can this be easily fixed? He broke my bone to do this

Thin Pointed Bridge after Splint Removed

The thin pointed bridge look is usually do the presence of the splint.  This usually resolves quickly.

Rhinoplasty for a narrow bridge

Dear jok1979,

• How does it look now?
  • It should be improving as the splint can push swelling away from the bridge
  • Just give it a little time to see if anything needs to be done (up to 6 months)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

The nose continues to change during rhinoplasty recovery

Right after the splint is removed, sometimes the bridge or tip of the nose can appear "pinched", especially if the nose swells a significant amount or if the splint is applied very tightly after surgery.  The appearance of the bridge and tip of your nose will continue to change, and likely look less like a "sharp shiny ramp" as time goes on.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Bridge too narrow?

Sorry if you think that your bridge is too narrow, but it is difficult to comment without an exam. Best to follow closely with your surgeon.