Was my Bridge Narrowed During Rhinoplasty?

My nasal bridge looks as crooked as before, however it seems and feels like it is much narrower. I never asked for this, since my bridge was already very narrow. Does the bridge often becomes thinner after hump reduction? I still have a tiny bit of hump, and i had a small one before surgery.

Narrowed bridge of the nose

+2

Your nose does appear smaller but there is no way to tell what was actually done at the time of surgery.  If you have questions then review them with your plastic surgeon.  

Ask your doctor

+2

Only one person knows what was done during your surgery -- speak to him. WE can only guess and it is not accurate.

+2

Yes, your bridge was narrowed.  This is not uncommon after hump reduction.  The nose is definitely straighter than before.  If you are less than a year after your rhinoplasty, swelling may be playing a role as well in the way the nose looks.  This is a limited view of your nose, but from this one view the postoperative nose is an improvement.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Narrow bridge after hump reduction

+1

Your photo does show a narrowing of the bridge after your hump reduction, a sure sign of an infracture of the nasal bones used to close the gap after the bridge is reduced. Without the fracture the nose can look wider, though the nose need not look thinner after the infracture. Only your surgeon will know exactly what was done.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Nasal Bridge Narrower After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi GG,

Best to speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon about whether your nasal bones were narrowed during surgery with osteotomies.  It appears that it was.  The bridge only becomes narrower after hump reduction if the nasal bones are fractured.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. p