Is my bridge bump small enough to be removed without breaking my nose? (Photo)

Based on your photos, you would likely require osteotomies after hump removal and Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2
Your profile photos demonstrate a long nose and a droopy overprojected tip with an associated convexity of your nasal bridge. Your narrative is not detailed enough to know your desires and expectations. Feel free to re-ask your question with a description of your concerns and what you would like to achieve. A frontal photo would be helpful.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Bridge Bump without Breaking Nose

+2
If you completely remove the bump it will be necessary to break the bones to avoid a wide, flat bridge after surgery. I have partially removed a hump to avoid breaking the bones but I discourage this because repositioning the bone is done every day with this work and you will compromise your result.

Is my bridge bump small enough to be removed without breaking my nose?

+2
Would love to see a picture of you from the front.  It is possible that your nose could be rasped down, but an exam, and front photo are necessary to make that determination. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to address your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Dorsal reduction

+1
It depends on how much of a reduction you desire.  The more reduction you desire the more likelyhood you will require lateral osteotomies to bring in the lateral nasal bones.   

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Creating a smooth and straight nasal bridge after hump removal

+1
In addition to the photos that you provided, a true frontal view would be helpful to see how wide or asymmetrical your nasal bones and upper lateral cartilages are. Although your bump appears to be moderate from the photos you have posted, you may still require osteotomies (controlled fractures) of the bones to create a smooth and straight dorsum on the frontal view and avoid an inverted-V deformity (the appearance of an upside-down V-shaped shadow on the frontal view) after surgery. Failure to adequately address asymmetrical nasal bones during rhinoplasty will lead to an irregular appearance of the bridge from the frontal view - you will notice this after surgery.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

rhinoplasty for bridge bump and osteotomies

+1
Only a very small bump on the nasal bridge can be simply filed down when it is bony in nature. The majority  of bumps are usually cartilage, and when the hump is removed medial and lateral osteotomies must be performed to prevent a "flat top" nose or open roof deformity. 

+1
My over the internet GUESS is NO!!! But I can not examine you in person which is the way you should proceed. Seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions... 

+1
    Osteotomies after bump removal are usually necessary to improve the result.