Can Anything Be Done to Get my Bridge Back? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty in 2005. My nose looks weird in pictures, when i smile my nose widens a lot and the bridge of my nose seems to dissapear. What could be done with a revision?

Dorsal augmentation in rhinoplasty

+1

A variety of techniques are available to augment your dorsum (bridge).  Building up your bridge and narrowing your nasal bones with osteotomies would help to eliminate the appearance of your bridge disappearing when you smile.   

Revision rhinoplasty to build the bridge

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can require building the bridge. A variety of different types of material can be used. Most plastic surgeons prefer cartilage from the patient's own body, such as septum, ear, or rib cartilage. Synthetic implants are another alternative. Lastly, non-surgical rhinoplasty with fillers such as Restylane or Radiesse can help improve the profile in appropriate patients. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge of nose issue

+1

If your nasal bridge is flat from over treatment, perhaps you need some augmentation of this area. Without an exam I could not be more specific.

Adding Hieght to the Bridge

+1

Hi,

Yes you can add height to your bridge. You can either go with a custom carved silicone implant or cartilage graft. See link below for examples of bridge augmentation. Also feel free to send your photos for imaging through the weblink below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Adding volume to give the bridge some height and more definition may be possible though we don't have the profile view of your nose to see how high your bridge currently is.  Adding cartilage, your own or cadaveric, are probably the best options, though nonsurgical options such as Radiesse or Restylane have been used in post rhinoplasty asymmetries...please note that these latter options are temporary in nature.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon