Is It Possible To Reduce My Breasts Without Or Minimal Scarring? (photo)

hello, can you tell me if it's possible to reduce my breast without having any scares.(not too visible). thanks!

Breast reduction and scars

+2

Liposuction ( using small incisions..so small scars) can be usedto reduce the volume but it will not lift your breasts.  Based upon your photos I think that you would need either a lollipo typ of incision or an anchor ( or inverterd T ) incision to accompilsh the reduction and improve the shape.

Breast reduction questions

+2

Unfortunately there is no way to reduce your breasts without making visible scars.  Due to the degree of breast sagging present you would need an anchor type breast lift.  This type of procedure will give you an improved breast shape.  It is possible that a vertical scar or lollipop type incision could be performed but to determine this you would need a physical examination. Most breast reduction patients are extremely happy with their decision to have the surgical procedure despite the necessary incisions.  

Minimal scarring breast reduction

+2

There are many ways to reduce the size of the breasts from liposuction to the full blown inverted T operation. If you just want to reduce the weight then liposuction can do that but it will not reduce the skin or give you a lift. For that you will need to have some type of skin removal breast reduction. There are several ways to do that also. You would probably require at least a vertical breast reduction. That involves a scar around the areola and below that vertically to under the breast but not horizontally under the breast.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction without Scarring?

+2

No, it is not possible to reduce your breasts “without or minimal scarring”.  As you know, scars result  from the necessity to remove skin, subcutaneous tissue, and breast tissue;  the scars are the trade-off that must be accepted by patients undergoing breast reduction surgery.

I believe you will be dissatisfied with the results of liposuction surgery alone;  be careful you do not compromise the results of your breast reduction surgery ( while attempting to minimize scarring).

Best wishes