My Breasts Are Uneven, and Just Look Deformed 1 Week PO. What Do I Do? (photo)

I had my BA about a week and a half ago. 550cc high profile, silicon. I met with a doctor that told me I needed a breast lift, the surgeon who did my BA, told me that I didn't need a breast lift, and I was trying to avoid scarring, so I went through with just the augmentation. Now I'm regretting not getting the lift, and not only that, my breasts just look altogether deformed. My surgeon said be patient and they'll drop into place where their supposed to be, but I don't believe they are going to

Early concerns after breast augmentation

+1

It is certainly still much too early to make any definitive statements about your results.  Typically it can take up to 3-6 months for subpectoral implants to settle into their final position.  It also takes months for the skin to loosen and better accomodate the implants, especially in younger patients with good skin elasticity.  Some plastic surgeons would recommend wearing a breast strap to push down on the implants.  Also, implant displacement exercises may be advisable as well.  You might consider discussing these issues with your plastic surgeon to get their input.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree with most of the expert posters and thanks for great photos. Bess to allow some more healing time. Also mild downward compression can be of benefit, but do ONLY with your chosen surgeon OK. I would like to see before photos if possible. I think you had an inferior pole contriction or tuberous deformity. A secondary operation is a real possibility but hard to advise at this early, early stage in recovery. 

You look as expected this early after surgery

+1
You are only one week after surgery.  It will take time for the swelling to come down and for the implants to settle in.  you will need to perform massage to help the implants come down.  Your surgeon should show you how to perform this massage.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post op healing after breast augmentation

+1

This is way to early to tell anything..  They look even   just high.   consider breast strap or ace wrap

no bra..  massage..  talk to your doc

Uneven and "deformed" breasts one week post-op. Don't worry--things will change!

+1

As others have stated, it is entirely too early to feel that this is what your final appearance is going to be. Your breasts most certainly will undergo significant change over the next few weeks and even months. So be patient for now. Really!

Your surgeon was probably right about your not needing a lift, but without preoperative photos or physical examination of your breasts, it really is impossible for any of us to definitively make that assertion. But for now, you are indeed high, tight, and swollen. This will change. Keep your activities low so you don't develop bleeding or capsular contracture, and follow your doctor's advice.

There are many well-trained and ABPS-certified plastic surgeons in Las Vegas. I hope your surgeon was one of them. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+1

Without knowing what you looked like before surgery or exactly what was done at surgery it is not possible to say what you need to do now to correct the problem. Your posted photos show how implants that are centered well above the nipples and rectangular shaped breasts.

I suspect that you did not need a lift, the implants were placed under the muscle, the muscle was inadequately released at the inner lower quadrant, the implants are just too big for your body frame and time alone will not correct the issue. Despite all that it is too soon to judge the result and there is some possibility that the implants will in time migrate into a better position slightly lower on the chest.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast augmentation one week post op

+1

It is not unusual to have somewhat oddly shaped breasts in the first few weeks after breast augmentation, particularly after augmentation with large implants (like yours).  We usually see fullness in the upper pole of the breasts (like your photos demonstrate) that improves with time.  Because there was some difference of opinion about the need for a breast lift, preoperative photographs would be particularly helpful.  

The bottom line is that it is too early to tell whether or not any revisions/lifts will be necessary.  Try to be patient and allow the soft-tissues and skin to relax and accommodate to the new (large) implants.  Reassess the situation in a few months with your surgeon and keep your regularly scheduled follow-up visits.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Worried about early post-op appearance

+1

First of all, you're quite swollen.  This is not uncommon after only 1 week post-operatively.  IThe swelling gives a very full, high upper portion of the breast, and will resolve over several weeks.  Then, it can take 2-3 months for the implants to "settle" into their final position.  So, don't judge the appearance at this time - it's too early to tell.

If you had a low nipple position pre-operatively, or postoperatively, you feel that the nipple position is low relative to the rest of the breast, you may well benefit from some type of breast lift - but this is easily done as a procedure at a later date.  Talk with your surgeon.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Your are still very early in your healing process

+1

I would not spend anytime worrying at this point since you are very early in the healing phase and will see a lot of changes in the coming weeks to months.  Any lift that you may need in the future can still be done, so you have not burned any bridges.  There is a chance that you will not need anything further.  Hang in there, I think all will be well.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

My breast implants don't look right!

+1
Relax, even if you need a peri-areolar "lift," it is a straightforward office procedure that can be done months from now when your tissue accommodates the implants and your swelling resolves. Your surgeon is correct, a lift was not indicated at your primary procedure. Be patient, your result will develop (and change dramatically) during the next few months.

Steve Laverson, MD