Why Are my Breasts Uneven After BA and Lift?

I had my surgery (breast augmentation and lift) a couple weeks into March and they were fine at first but the more i look at them the right seems to be sitting lower! What's going on?

Early in the Postoperative Phase

+1

You are early in your healing process and it is common that one breast will be ahead of the other in terms of settling and swelling.  At this point, it is important to relax, trust your surgeon, and follow his/her postoperative instructions.

Breast implants settling after augmentation and Mastopexy

+1

You are very early on in your healing process so there is certainly room and time to see significant changes and improvement.

It is common in augmentation for the dominant side, for example if you are right handed, to stay higher longer.  The thicker muscle takes longer to give way, and until it relaxes the implant looks as though it has more upper poll fullness.

Even so, you must be aware that the combination of augmentation and full lift, if that is what you had, has a more variable outcome because the augmentation and the lift fight one another for a number of months as the tissues relax and settle.  Generally, implants start out high and drop over time.  If you have a lift at the same time it acts as a force that pushes against the implants until the tight skin has relaxed as well.

Be in touch with your plastic surgeon as he or she can guide you through the maneuvers that will help the implants to settle as evenly as possible.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast position and lift

+1

Remember that breasts in general are a bit asymmetric.  Yours are probably no exception. If you are also early post-op you need to give it time for things to relax a bit.

Breast position after breast augmentation and lift

+1

It is still early after your surgery but the asymmetry you described may be due to lowering the breast fold to much or not releasing the other breast fold enough.

pictures would help

See your surgeon to see if a revision maybe needed at about 6 months after original surgery.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question

Keep in mind that you are only about 6 weeks out of your breast augmentation/lifting operation. Breast implants may “settle” at different rates and swelling may dissipate at different rates as well. In other words, your breasts may change significantly (size and symmetry) over the course of the next few months.

I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon;  evaluate the end results of surgery closer to one year postop.