Are My Breasts Tubular, Do I Need Augmentation W/lift (photo)?

I am 32 years old and have had odd looking breasts since puberty. I small stretch marks on my boobs when they went from an A to a very small B. I would like to know if I have tubular breasts, if I would need an augmentation with a lift on both sides or just the left, and would I have to go to a C cup. I fear the final outcome because I can't seem to find breasts that look like mine anywhere. In proper posture, my right breast couldn't hold a pencil and my left sags lower but also couldn't hold

Breasts not tubular

+1
It appears that you do have some sagging of the breasts, but you do not have true tuberous breast deformity. A breast lift can help give your breasts a perkier contour and implants can add the desired volume. However, your breasts will most likely still remain far apart on your chest.

A minor tuberous component may be present

+1

You definitely have some symmetry and ptosis requiring a lift and implants. Tuberous breasts usually have a much tighter, high fold and more widened areola with protrusion,

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift with implants is likely your best option

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. No, you do not have tberous or tubular breasts. You do have narrow breast bases and a wide distance between your breasts.

A breast lift with implants is likely your best option. Implants alone do not lift breasts. Breast implants restore lost volume but do not provide lift.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast ptosis

+1

I do not think you have the classic tuberous breast anatomy.  I do think you have ptotic breasts that would benefit from a lift at the time of an augmentation.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Are My Breasts Tubular, Do I Need Augmentation W/lift (photo)

+1

Yes you are asymmetric and have differing degrees of ptosis. As for being tuberous hard to say over the internet. Best to seek a few in person opinions from boarded PSS in your city. 

Indications for a breast lift

+1

There are classically two ways to determine whether a patient needs a breast lift. 

1. Ptosis grade : if you place an imaginary horizontal line at the level of the inframammary breast fold in the upright position you are graded as to the nipple position in relation to that line
  • grade 1 : nipple at the line
  • grade 2 nipple below the line
  • grade 3 nipple at the bottom of the breast in the most dependent position

2.  Objective measurements : the distance from the nipple to the fold vertically straight down

• 7 cm or less usually does not need a lift
  • 8 cm is marginal
  • 9 cm or greater always needs a lift in my opinion

To put this together, grade 1 or higher usually needs a lift or measurements 8cm or greater need a lift. When both of these findings are positive then it is a sure thing. Based on your photos, I would assume you need a lift. 

Good luck, but don't despair. A well done lift produces nice perky breasts that look great despite the scarring that most women fear. Look at some photos performed by your plastic surgeon to be well informed. 

Jay Burns, MD

No, your not tubular

+1

The actual term is tuberous or root like, and no, you are not. You would benefit from augmentation and a lift depending on your goals and  tolerance of a breast scar.

Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and good quality pictures.

I do not see any of the classic findings associated with  “tubular” breasts  in your photographs. I do however see asymmetric, widely spaced, ptotic breasts.  You may benefit from breast augmentation/lifting surgery on both sides,  depending on exactly what your goals are.

I would suggest in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.