Are my breasts tubular? Will breast implants fix them?

I have suffered with strange looking breasts for as long as hitting puberty, I have booked in for a BA with Dr Renato Zaccheddu from the Hospital Group, but I am worried that the procedure won't fix the problem. I want normal looking round breasts, but highly concerned that I'll land up with a larger version of what I have now

Are my breasts tubular?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Your photograph does demonstrate some elements of constricted breast (mild). You should have a nice improvement with breast augmentation surgery.

Generally, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, breast lifting surgerywill not be necessary.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

You Do Not Have True Tubular Breasts, Augmentation Should Help

+1

Thank you for your question. You do not have classic tuberous breasts fortunately. Your breasts are somewhat constricted and there is a wide separation between your breasts which seems to cause the nipple areola to point out to the side.

Breast augmentation should definitely improve the shape of your breasts. however care must be taken to avoid forcing the nipple areola out further to the side. Any attempt at placing the implant towards the center of your chest to give you cleavage and reduce the space between your breasts does risk pushing the nipple areola further out to the side.

I urge you to consult a very experienced plastic surgeon who does a lot of cosmetic breast surgery and has experience treating unusually shaped breasts. Be certain your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Board of the Plastic Surgery, and has an excellent reputation in your community for cosmetic breast surgery. I suggest you ask to see photographs of patients with breast asymmetry and unusually shaped breasts or tuberous breasts that the surgeon has operated on.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts

+1
Your breasts definitely have a tubular component and I suspect that this will need to be adressed during a breast augmentation surgery but this would be dependent on a physical exam.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

I think with implants you can get a better shape. I do a lot of these cases. Make sure you choose a plastic surgeon that does a lot of them.

Norman M. Rowe, MD