Overweight with small breasts set far apart: Are my Breasts Tubular? (photo)

I am overweight,my breasts are really small and set far apart. In your professional opinion, are they tuberous? what can be done to fix the abnormality? Thank you.

Constricted Breasts With Ptosis

+1

Constricted Breasts with ptosis can be improved with breast augmentation and a breast lift.  See a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs these surgeries hundreds of times per year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Tubular?

+1

Hello. Thanks for posting and the photo. I simply do not see the classic signs of tuberous breasts in your photos. I do see some asymmetry and ptosis. This type of asymmetry is normal in many patients. Barring poor health, you are a good candidate for breast surgery and possibly a breast lift. See a  board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Options for individual breast contour issues

+1

There is no absolute characteristic or form to label a breast shape tuberous or tubular. Most of the responses agree that your form is not tuberous. You some less common and less desirable characteristics including some asymmetry. The lower pole of the breasts is constricted and the nipple-areolas are off-axis (pointing more lateral than straight ahead). This gives the appearance of ptosis and widely spaced or "far apart" breasts. The actual gap between the breasts is average. 

Surgical options depends on what is desired. If you are happy with the volume and you would like the nipple-areolas raised and brought more medial, then a peri-areolar type "lift" would be adequate. A true lift and vertical scar would not be needed in this situation. If you want a lesser scar, more volume (minimum one cup size increase), and a more balanced look to your breasts then an augmentation can be done (after an in person check for where your inframammary crease sits in relation to your nipples) with a rounding out of the lower pole of the breasts. There would still be some asymmetry and the nipple-areolas would still be off-axis.

Both procedures could be done at the same time but I would still use a separate incision for the peri-areolar treatment from the incision in the inframammary crease for the implant and control of the crease level. When more factors are juggled in a surgical procedure, it is harder to predict and control the outcome. I would recommend the augmentation alone if the minimum one cup size increase is acceptable and then see if a nipple-areola adjustment is desirable. I would disagree with the opinion that breasts look smaller after a lift procedure. In my experience they actually look bigger although the volume doesn't actually change. This is similar to the illusion that your breasts would look lifted if the lower pole was filled out even though no lift was done. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Constricted breast deformity

+1

I see patients with constricted lower poles in their breasts fairly often. Although this is not truly a tuberous breast deformity, the treatment of it is similar and depends on the extent of the constriction. Commonly, the lower pole needs to be "opened up" by scoring the breast tissue on the inside. Oftentimes, a lift of the nipple complex also is required.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts?

+1

I do not think your  breasts are tuberous, but they are small and ptotic.  They can be lifted and augmented to improve the overall appearance and shape.  Good luck.

Tubular breasts

+1

No i do not think you have tubular breasts. You exhibit some features consistent with ptosis and asymmetry.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Are my Breasts Tubular?

+1

Most responders agree. I recommend in person ONLY evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. Then you can face to face understand your specific anatomy. 

Characteristics of a tubular breast

+1

You definitely do not have tubular breasts or any characteristics of a tubular breast.  You do have asymmetry, which is not uncommon.  In order to correct your condition you would benefit from a breast augmentation along with a vertical type breast lift.  

Tubular Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Although direct physical examination would be necessary to give you definitive advice, I do not think that your breast demonstrate  characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

In your case, you will be best off achieving a long-term stable weight prior to seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. At that point, it is very likely that you will benefit from breast lifting and/or breast augmentation.

Sorry not tuberous

+1

We see this question so often, and no, your breast is not tuberous. An implant will help with volume, and a small lift will help center the nipple.