Wide spacing with no cleavage unless they are taped: Are my Breasts Tuberous? (photo)

My breasts are really widely spaced, can't get any cleavage at all unless I physically tape them together. Do you think I should go see my doctor about this? What can be done? I don't want implants. Can I get tram flap construction? So fat put into the breasts instead of an implant? I'm really ashamed of my breasts. I'm only a B cup too! Please help me. What to do about them?

Widely Spaced Breasts

+1

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for sharing your photos and for your inquiry.

The transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous (TRAM) flap surgery is not necessary.

Your breasts are not 100% tuberous but share several traits of tuberous breasts certainly.

It is important that your breast tissue be released so when the implants are inserted they can decrease the width of the space between your breasts.

I encourage you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you and help you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tuberous breasts

+1

Hi, from the pictures they dont seem like typical tuberous breasts although you may have a component or more of the tuberous breast deformity. the usual treatment for that condition can be a combination of surgical release of the breast tissue with an implant or even tissue expansion , but a TRAM flap would be overkill. please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to verify your diagnosis and to learn about your treatment options.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts.

+1

Yes, you do have tuberous breasts. This is a challenging  condition to treat and requires a surgeon with plenty of experience. A TRAM flap is a very aggressive procedure for this condition. Your hesitancy for implants is understandable, but a thorough consultation on the risks and benefits may remove many of your fears. Discuss this with a reputable plastic surgeon in your area to answer all of your questions. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+1

Thanks for your question, I do think you have tuberous breasts.  I would reccomend you seek a board certified plastic surgeon with alot of experience with tuberous breasts. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Tuberous Breast?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  

Unfortunately, the pictures are dark and it's difficult to see.  I would recommend that you visit with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options in detail.

The link below may be helpful to you for more information regarding tuberous breasts.

Tuberous Breast

+1

From the photo it appears that your breast are tuberous. Tuberous breast lack lower pole fullness and have the appearance that the breast tissue is exuding through a 'hernia' in the breast skin.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Breast issues

+1

It does not look like you are really tuberous. An implant may be what you need, however an exam is key. Good luck.

Tuberous breasts

+1
Thank you for the question. You seem to have a contracted lower part of the breasts. To correct that and the cleavage and size issue an implant is ideal however fat grafting can improve the shape and size. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Are my Breasts Tuberous? (photo)

+1

Posted photos are poorly exposed so best to see a boarded PSS in your area. Nice thought of fat grafting with donut lift to release the contraction bands. 

Are my breast tuberous

+1

Thank you for your question. Tuberous breast is characterized by contraction of the base of the breast preventing it from in horizontal or vertical axes. There is also herniation of the breast tissue toward the areola nipple complex. There are several treatment options. You could have periareolar lift and reshaping of the breast tissue to achieve a more appealing shape. You do not need a TRAM flap for that. What you need, however, is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Direct examination, seeing before and after photos and discussing your treatment portion and desires all will help you reach the right surgery.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD