Will my Breasts Stretch Enough for Me to Ever Get Bigger Implants?

I had an augmentation 2 year ago. I have a small body frame & the Dr. put in the largest size (high profile) that would fit the width. I LOVED the look of the sizers & the Dr. told me I would look very "blessed". However, I ended up looking MUCH smaller than I expected. People comment that I now look more on the "small-average" size rather than blessed. I don't regret the surgery at all but wonder if my breasts will ever stretch enough for me to obtain that "blessed" I'd been hoping for.

Going Bigger after Previous Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Generally speaking, patients in your situation are able to “go bigger” after a period of time ( since their previous breast augmentation procedure).

I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon;  in my practice, I would ask that you demonstrate exactly what you mean by “blessed” (with goal pictures) and what is too small or too large ( when it comes to breast size).

This communication process will be critical when it comes to helping your plastic surgeon help you achieve your goals.

Larger Implants after 2 Years

+1

In general after a period of time, which is variable, larger breast implants can be placed due to tissue stretch.  Two years should allow you to go bigger by at least 100 cc maybe larger.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast implans

+1

You should be able to have larger implants at this point. Talk to your surgeon.You may also want to consider silicone as opposed to saline.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implants and revision

+1

If you have stretched out with the smaller implants, you shoudl be able to go into a large implant. Remember the larger the implant the potential for more problems.

There is really no limit to size in a breast augmentation within reason.

+1

Even small breasts can be augmented to very large size with a breast augmentation. In a cup can be augmented to a "D" cup or even bigger at the initial operation.

Will my Breasts Stretch Enough for Me to Ever Get Bigger Implants

+1

Photos would be most helpful. After two years, unless your breast skin feels tight there should be some capacity for larger implants. Have a careful discussion with your surgeon and make sure you are confident that he/she understands your goals and has a plan that seems reasonable to you. Otherwise think about a second opinion. 

Yes, you can have a larger implant

+1

A common mistake is placing a sizer in a bra and expecting the implant to look the same way after surgery. Stuffing the bra can help you determine the look that is right for you, and will guide an observant surgeon to the result you are after. Your breast will stretch after your first augmentation and yes, you certainly can have a fuller implant. Terms such as 'blessed' are a poor way to communicate to get the right results.

Redo augmentation for larger breasts

+1

Hello. At two years you should now be completely healed and stretched from your last augmentation. You should now be able to get larger implants. The most important factor would now be the width of the base of your breasts to determine the size of your implants. Schedule a consultation with your surgeon for more details about your operation.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Going Bigger after first Augmentation

+1

Most likely your skin will stretch or maybe has already stretched and may allow you to go bigger.  Its not a good idea to exceed you base width, though, since the narrow space could cause a fold in a wider implant and it could wear out prematurely. 

Sometimes going bigger than is proportionate to your body is a short term "blessing" but turns into a longterm curse.  Too much breast on a small frame tends to just make you look bulky and can create difficulties finding clothes to fit or give you backaches.  If the skin gets stretched too much it can give you a ball-in-a-sock look which is really hard to fix down the road.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon