Do my Breasts Still Look Very Uneven? (photo)

Was 34a pre op. had assymetry with left breast bigger. Ps gave me 300cc on left and 360 on right to try to bring me to mid to full c and fix the assymetry. But very disappointed because not as big as I hoped and I can still notice the assymetry. My PS said i couldn't handle bigger because my skin was too tight.....Is it very noticeable? What size do you think I look? I am one week post op and I know after swelling subsides I will only get smaller. :("

Asymmetry 1 week post breast implants

+1

Thank you for the photo.  You are very early in your post operative course.  I would continue to follow the directions of your plastic surgeon.  It is good to tell him your concerns.  Please also be patient.  Final results take several months to be seen.

Breast asymmetry after breast implants

+1

Looking at your early postoperative results after your surgeon placed implants of 60ccs difference looks very reasonable considering early swelling and muscle tightness that will gradually relax and change over the coming weeks and months - try to stay confident that your results will continue to improve as everything relaxes and settles. Any revision ( ie inferior pocket release) should be only considered after an appropriate time - and preferably a year

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

Uneven Breast Augmentation Results

+1

Hello. Do not worry; you have good results and good symmetry with your implants. It will take at least three months for you to be able to asses the results, and the implants will continue to drop and change for 6-10 months after surgery. Be patient and follow up with your surgeon if you have any concerns.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Hello

+1

1 week post-surgery it is too soon to even think about size. Your skin and muscle are tight and not letting the implant move into place. In our practice we like our patients to wear a breast band to help the implant drop into place. Your implants are riding a little high and its normal at one week. It take 6-9 months for things to settle, give your body time to heal and then after that if you’re still un happy with size you should think about revision.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Slight breast asymmetry after implants is acceptable.

+1

Hi.

The problem that I see and that may require a revision is that your implants are too high, and the distance between the nipples and the folds is too short.  Don't do anything for several months, but if you do have a revision eventually, then a differentially larger implant on the right would be a good idea,

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Do my Breasts Still Look Very Uneven?

+1

Yes the left breast looks slightly larger but it is still early in recovery. Best to wait 3 months before making a final decision. 

Uneven #BreastAugmentation Results

+1

From your photo, it does appear that you still have some degree of asymmetry, but you are far too early to make any determination on your final outcome. Without photos from your pre-op appearance it is harder to make any formal comparison. As well, you skin may not have been able to accommodate any larger implant as you skin does look tight. You would have to trust your doctor regarding intraoperative volumes. 

Be patient as you will see continued improvement over time. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation...

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. You should be aware that  the concerns you have are quite commonly experienced by patients after breast augmentation surgery.

I would respectfully suggest that you understand that “worry” at this point is unhelpful. Only time will tell exactly what cup size you will end up ( and even this will be somewhat arbitrary given that cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another).

In other words, it is difficult to predict exactly how the breasts will change;  many of my patients report that they feel their breasts  appear larger as time goes by and the breast implants “drop and fluff”.

For now continue to be patient, and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Uneven breasts

+1

Way too early to judge results.  Agree your skin is tight and needs to relax.  You have a typical early result that should improve as your skin settles.  Your symmetry looks good for this early point after surgery.  People often swell more on one side or resolve swelling faster on one side, so you need to be patient.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Do my Breasts Still Look Very Uneven

+1

No one is exactly symmetric.

These breasts look quite even to me, especially considering the fact that there was a noticeable size difference before surgery. 

I would hesitate to guess a size with one two dimensional photo and no idea of height, weight, etc. The breast tissue looks rather taut, so a larger implant may not have been a good idea at all. 

There is usually not a lot of swelling after a simple augmentation. Your size is not likely to appear smaller in the future. What will appeared difference is the shape of the breasts as the implants drop into position. they will look fuller in the lower portion of the breast and less full in the upper portion and although it is quite subjective pain may well larger once that has happened.

It looks to me like he were on the road to a nice result. Thank you for the question and best wishes.