Will my Breasts Get Smaller and Project Forward Less? 9 Days Postop and Hope They Get Smaller, They Are Too Big. (phot0

335cc anatomical high projection silicone unders. I started out a deflated small 34B. The implants stick out a lot on the fronts and to the sides. Much more than i thought my surgeon and i agreed on- I didn't want to go quite as large as I don't want them to look fake in clothes, which they do. Will they get smaller over time? when they soften will they be less noticeable? I'm embarassed by how big these are.my surgeon never discussed using the anotimicals and I hear that they stay very firm.

Will my Breasts Get Smaller and Project Forward Less? 9 Days Postop

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to feel that their breasts are too small or ( less frequently) too big  early on after surgery.   In my opinion, there is a definitely a physical and “psychological” body image adaptation. Most often, these same patients will go on to be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.  At this point, my best suggestion would be to continue to exercise patience and to continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Evaluate the end results of the breast augmentation procedure approximately 6 months down the line;  hopefully you will be very pleased at that time.  Wise not to evaluate the end results of surgery ( or base your level of satisfaction) on achieving a specific cup size or filling a certain bra.

Breasts will give smaller and project less after 6-8 weeks post breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. Please do not be alarmed at 9 days after breast augmentation. I think you results look very good for this early stage of healing.

Most patients feel exactly like you that the breasts look too large and project too much the first week after breast augmentation. It can take 3 or more months for the implants to reach their final position.

Your breasts will definitely looks smaller and project less in the future. Many patients once the implants have settled and reached their final position, and are a year post op often say they wish they had gone larger.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Will my breasts get smaller, 9 days post op breast augmentation.

+1

Congratulations on your procedure! At 9 days post-op, your breasts are still swollen. Your breasts will continue to change over the next few months as swelling subsides and your implants settle. I know it's hard but try to be patient and re-evaluate in the next 3-6 months and go from there. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants early post-op

+1

Early post-op results from breast augmentation will likely show breasts that are larger then they will be when the swelling subsides. This may take several months.

Early post-operative breast augmentation result

+1

I encourage you to wait three to four months before judging size, shape, or softness. If at that point you still think they are too large, I would discuss it with your surgeon. Smooth, round implants generally feel softer than textured anatomic implants.

Patti A. Flint, MD

9 days postop

+1

Your result will change significantly over the next several months. Try and be patient and follow your PS instructions. 9 days is far too soon to see a final outcome. Hang in there!

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS