My Breasts Are Small Compared to All the Other Women in my Family and my Nipples Have Not Developed. Is Something Wrong? (photo)

My breasts are small but I can at least tell they are there but my nipples haven't developed. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and we haven't been very intimate because I'm insecure about my breast. My nipples haven't ever been there and I keep hoping they'll just pop up someday. I'm worried that if I go to a doctor ill find out I have cancer. What should I do?

Inverted Nipples and Hypomastia

+1

The inverted nipples and small breasts can be corrected with breast augmentation with implants and possibly a formal nipple inversion correction procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Nipples

+1

You have inverted nipples which are very common. I have seen these corrected purely by augmentation in smaller breasts. They can be surgically corrected.

My Breasts Are Small Compared to All the Other Women in my Family and my Nipples Have Not Developed. Is Something Wrong?

+1

You have 2 issues. Hypoplasia of the breasts as a anatomic/genetic issue. This is corrected by implantation. The second issue is severe inverted nipples, which can also be corrected by surgery. 

Inverted Nipples

+1

Hello Mandy,

Thank you for sharing your photos as well as you concerns.

Based on the photos, you exhibit a common condition called "nipple inversion" that could be corrected surgically.

As a treatment, manually eversion and massaging of the nipple may be an option. However, if the inversion is severe then surgery is the way to go.

As for the size of your implants, I believe that you could benefit from an augmentation if you feel you would like to have larger breasts.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Breast Augmentation and Correction of Inverted Nipples

+1

Your nipples are inverted. They can be corrected so that they protrude all of the time. This procedure is easily performed. You could correct the nipples at the same time as a breast augmentation to improve the size and shape of your breast as well.

Web reference: http://www.lakeshoreplasticsurgery.com

Inverted nipples and small breasts

+1

Inverted nipples is fairly common and a treatable condition.  As for you breast size, you may desire implants.  Sometimes if the inverted nipple is only mildly retracted, an implant may improve its appearance.

Inverted nipples

+1

you have inverted nipples, a pretty common condition that is easily treated by your prefer board certified plastic surgeon. 

Correction of a inverted nipple

+1

Actually your breast is normally developed, and the issue is not an undeveloped nipple, but an inverted one. The condition is fairly common and may affect one or both breasts. If you are able to evert the nipple then pulling and massage alone might stretch the ducts and correct the inversion. For others surgery to release the nipple can evert it.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Nipples are pulled in. Is something wrong?

+1

From the photos it appears that yopu have "inverted nipples" meaning that the nipples are pulled in. This is not an uncommon condition and would be unlikely to be caused by cancer in your scenario. The correction can be performed under local anesthesia.I suggest that you consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Breast and nipple size concerns

+1

Although your breasts are not large, they are not particularly small, and they are very pretty- that is good.

Your areolas are normal in size.  You have inverted nipples, and that is why they appear small.  They likely are normal in size, but they are pulled in.

This is a frequently seen anatomic variant.  It may cause trouble in breast feeding.  Inverted nipples can be treated with a small surgical procedure in the office. You don't have to do anything with them however.  If you are unhappy with the size of your breasts, you may consider an augmentation.