Do my Breasts Sit Too Low to Pull off Small Implants? (photo)

I like the way the 275 cc rice sizers look on me but I know that is a very small implant and I'm worried the implant will sit too low in my breast. I am 5'5" and 100 lbs so I feel like a small implant will take me a long way and get me to my goal picture. I have a breast width diameter of a 12.7 so I wouldn't do high profile implants I think I would need to do moderate or moderate plus is that correct? Do you think I can get my goal boobs staying in the 250-320cc range?

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is helpful that you have select “goal” pictures as well.  The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Your breasts are quite normal

+2

If you are looking to have breasts as large as the model in the photo, you will require much larger than 320cc implants. I would not recommend that look on your body frame and given your baseline breast diameter and appearance as you may experience undesirable/irreversible tissue stretching.

Your breasts have a very normal and satisfactory appearance and are not "too low". You should discuss all of your options with your plastic surgeon including  the possibility of a taller height shaped implant if silicone gel is a consideration for you. The size range of 250-350cc sounds just right for you, likely at least moderate plus if not greater projection.

Look at some realistic post-op examples to be sure you can best achieve your expectations.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant goals

+2

At least you have shown the "look" you want.  In order to get the look in the photo, you actually need at LEAST a HP implant and probably an ultraHP because the look you are desiring is as full, and unnatural as they come.  So, don't think in terms of cc's, you need a proper base width implant of HP/ultraHP profile.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Do my Breasts Sit Too Low to Pull off Small Implants?

+2

Assuming that the 12.7 is a correct measurement, you  could use a moderate profile implant un to about 300 cc, or a moderate plus up to 339 (Allergan) cc, and either would be preferable to a high profile at those volumes and breast width. When I have patients try on sizer implants, I usually use a size about 10% larger because the implants look bigger on the breast than they do in the breast. I am not sure the same is true for rice, but expect so, so 300 cc might be the right size to choose. 

I suspect the girl in the photo has breasts that are more than 275 cc larger than yours. I would go with what looked good on you with the sizers.

All the best. 

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. I would not consider your breasts low at all you should be able to have a nice result.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

+1

Based ONLY on the posted photos and your written requests I would  recommend HP/UHP implants in 300 to 350 cc range. Just my opinion. 

Breast Implant and post-op size

+1

I would agree that you appear a "B" cup in the photos but the "goal" breasts are likely "D" or "DD" cup.  This means the 275cc implants are probably too small. I agree you need significantly larger implants if that look is your goal.  Also, this goal model definitely has high profile implants.  You need to discuss this with your surgeon if the breast width and cleavage or the projection (how far it sticks out) in the goal model is what you desire.  These answers will steer you/your surgeon toward the proper style (profile) of implant to achieve your goal.

Eric Egozi, MD

Implants around 300 mL are a good choice for most women.

+1

The range is expressed an interest in is generally what most women prefer. The overall shape of your breasts is nice and breast implants will make them larger. The ultimate size is decided by the patient.