My Breasts Look Saggy 5 Months After Breast Lift with 175 Cc Round Saline Implants. What Are my Options to Fix This?

I am 39 years old, no children. I had a benneli breast lift done and 175cc implants inserted via breast fold. I wanted silicone gel teardrop shape implants, but my ps talked me into round saline. I am 5 months post op and whilst my breast size is good, they are still saggy and the saline is rippling in my cleavage which looks and feels strange. What are my options to correct this?

Benelli and implants

+1

The Benelli procedure may not have provided enough of a lift. If your implants are sub glandular, then it is possible that rippling is more evident.

Saggy Breasts after 175 cc Saline Implants and Benelli Lift

+1

Physical exam would be necessary to accurately diagnose the problem, but if you are happy with the volume or size of your breasts, then I would recommend converting the Benelli lift to a full breast lift.  You only need to add the vertical incision from what you have already, and you will get a tremendous improvement in tightness, roundness, and shape.  With regard to the rippling, I would place the implant under the muscle or fat graft the areas that bother you.  You can also replace the implants with silicone implants.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentation and lift procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA    

Sagging after Benelli lift

+1

In a breast lift, you are trying to accomplish two goals - 1. to elevate the nipple/areola and 2. to tighten up the skin under the breasts thus producing a perkier look to the breasts.  The Benelli lift only accomplishes the first part so it is rather limited in it's use.  It sounds like you needed some tightening of the excess skin under the breasts as well.  The addition of the implant apparently did not fill out that extra skin enough.  I'm thinking that you will probably need a revision of your breast lift to include tightening up of the extra skin.  If you have rippling of your implants then I would also suggest changing them to silicone gel.  If your doctor did not put them under the muscle then that might be something to consider as well.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Still Saggy after Breasts Lift

+1

Hi Nicole. I am sure many will say it would be nice to see photos to give you a better answer. Regardless, here are my thoughts. If someone is still concerned about sagginess after a Benelli lift, you may have benefited from a more formal lift. This would be one that would include removing the extra skin over the lower pole (giving an additional vertical scar). While no one wants to accept that vertical scar,  if this is what needs to be done, everyone that has had it this way with me has been happy with the breast shape and are not bothered by the scar. If you are still saggy at this point I am sure your surgeon can revise this.

As far as the rippling, I assume that your implants are below the muscle. A saline implant above the muscle can cause a lot of rippling. Silicone, in my opinion, gives less rippling unless it is in some one who is extremely thin and then silicone can give some medial rippling (but never as bad as saline).

I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I am sure they want you happy.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon