Why Are my Breasts So Saggy? (photo)

hi, im 18 and i developed at an early age and i have somewhat large breasts ( 36 c-d ) also my left breast is way bigger than the other and ever since i was 14-15 they started to sag. ive used push up bras but they dont help. what can i do?

Why Are my Breasts So Saggy?

+2

Breast size and shape are determined primarily by genetics. 

Your left breast does appear to be a bit larger than the right. A modest breast reduction on the left, accompanied by a breast lift on the right should improve the situation to your liking. It will be best to discuss this in person with a plastic surgeon. 

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast reduction is an excellent operation

+1

There are pros and cons to having large breasts as I am sure you realize. If you would prefer to be smaller and especially if you are having symptoms like backache, you may like a breast reduction very much. This will also allow correction of the assymetry, and may even be covered by insurance plans.

If you want to stay large, a breast lift with some reduction on the left would be the best choice.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Saggy at 18

+1

Hi  kriss_karnage,

A combination of our genetics and environmental factors pretty much determine what we look like. Regardless of the etiology, however, what can you do about it is a more useful question at this point. Wearing a bra has never been shown to have prevented sagging breasts, so I would not fret over it.

You have somewhat large breasts with your left breast a bit larger.  Your nipples are positioned somewhat low on your breasts giving them a downward tilt.  And, although you have overall fullness, you lack that in the upper pole.

The good news is that plastic surgery is often available  when our genetics and environmental factors failed us.  I believe the treatment of choice for you is to undergo a breast lift procedure, the amount of breast volume to be removed to be determined by you and your plastic surgeon.  In addition, to achieve long lasting upper pole fullness, an implant should be placed behind the muscle as well.  I believe that is the only way to produce upper pole fullness with longevity.

As to the lift that would work best for you, I believe the vertical mammaplasty technique which has a lollipop type of incision without the horizontal is ideal.

I would also urge you  to perform this procedure when you are at a stable weight.  Any weight fluctuations, either gains or losses, will detract from the stability of your results.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Your beasts are low because you have a large amount of breast tissue. A large support bra will help your issues. If you seek surgical correction, consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction at 18

+1

Based on your pictures and your symptoms you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction.    You should understand that if you have a reduction now your breasts will continue to change over your lifetime.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Lift

+1

Your breasts do sag, but they are not unattractive breasts.  There is a huge range of variability in terms of breast size, shape, and form.  If you did want to give the breasts are more lifted look, that is certainly possible.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Why Are my Breasts So Saggy?

+1

Partial genetic predisposition, and weight gain are the major reasons. Best to discuss in person with GYN or PS. 

Breasts are too large at 18 years old

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a breast reduction.  The technique is different for young women because the skin is too elastic.  Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who can offer you a vertical breast reduction or lollipop scar.  This would save you the horizontal scar.  Good luck,

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts in 18 year old

+1

Young women develop differently and to different sizes. Many young women experience mismatch and sagging of the breasts. If you are stable in size and you are not happy with your breast appearance, I would recommend you seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon for a breast lift on the right and a reduction on the left to match. You can go to plasticsurgery.org to find a surgeon near you.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Concerned about sagging breasts.

+1

Breast sag due to genetic issues and weight issues.  Larger breasts sag more due to their weight as the skin can't support them.  Some women have sagging breasts due to loose supporting ligaments in their breasts.  Your photos show enlarged breasts so a breast reduction/lift would be the ideal correction for this.  This surgery would also make your breast more symmetrical in size.  Once the breasts are lighter and have lifted to a more youthful position, the results should be long lasting.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD