Will my Breasts Sag if I Reduce Implant Size. Side Breast Too Big?

8 yrs ago, I had a tuck, lipo, breast lift & breast aug. Great results except breast size.I was told a lift would reduce breast size. I had been a full C & wanted that again. Doc argued, saying most wish they went bigger, but I stuck to my guns. A few months post surgery, breasts so large on me - DDD's! Before a year, he removed 50 cc's/each.Still full DD's. Side breasts esp. Hard to dress. Will reduce again soon. Will I sag & need to lift? Anything to do w/ sides, or is that just my body?

Downsizing of Breast Implants and Capsulorraphy?

+1

Sometimes, when patients undergo revisionary breast surgery to downsize breast implants, closing off the breast implant pockets on the sides will help decrease the appearance of “side breast”.  This procedure, capsulorraphy ( involving the use of internal sutures), serve to prevent the movement of the breast implants to the sides.

Discuss this option with your plastic surgeon to see if it applies to your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

+1

The more the volume is reduced the more likely that a breast will need to be lifted.  This is hard to predict with significant volume changes in borderline cases.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-photo-galleries.php

+1

This can be a difficult decision following a physical exam with all the info at hand. On line without photos, it is near impossible to offer useful advice. A number of factors will be contributing to any recommendation.

• Is a lift already needed, regardless of implant size reduction
  • How much size reduction do you want.
  • Should the implants be removed. 

If the lift decision is borderline, I would usually favor delaying the lift decision for 6 months after implant removal or downsizing to see how much skin recovery occurs.  Often the lift will not be needed.

All the best. 

WIll I need a lift after reducing implant size?

+1

It depends on several factors particularly how much you decrease the size of the implants. Since the skin has been stretched to accommodate  a large implant, if you decrease the size of the implant more than a small amount there will be some sagging and a lift may be indicated. In addition, your skin elasticity and how long you have had your larger implants all play a roll.

Speak to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will listen to your concerns and goals and advise you accordingly.

Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing implant size generally does not require a breast lift for good aesthetic result.

+1

Obviously there are exceptions the most the time when breast implant size is decreased a mastopexy unnecessary. Obviously this is a function of the total volume change. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give you a better idea after examination.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm