Do my Breasts Look Normal? 8 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation. (photo)

I am currently exactly 8 weeks post op breast augmentation now. Started at 32 a and had 335cc tear drop silicone unders done. I have just started doing light cardio at the gym. I am slightly concerned about he fact that they are looking wonky. I'm not sure whether there is something wrong or whether they are settling at different speeds. Kindly let me know if I should be worrying or whether things are looking normal please!!

Breasts appear normal

+3

I agree with what others have said.  At this early stage of healing, everything appears normal.  It is common for one breast to "drop" faster than the other.  Final results will not likely be apparent for several months.  Have patience; it's too soon to worry.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Do I look normal 8 weeks after breast augmentation surgery

+3

There is always swelling and fullness in the first several weeks after breast surgery. Often times, swelling can cause a patient to feel as if they 'went too big'. Rest assured that over the course of three to six months after surgery, swelling will resolve and the breasts will take on a more 'normal' shape and appearance, they will start to soften and feel more natural. I often tell my patients that it takes 6 months for them to 'find their new home'.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Normal at 8 Weeks Post Op?

+3

You are very early on in the healing process. It will take approximately 3 to 6 months for you to see the final results of your augmentation. During this time the swelling in the breasts will subside and the tissues accommodate, allowing the implants to "fall" into their desired position. This process may occur at different times in each of the breasts. At this point I would advise to be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Thank you for the question and the picture provided. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Give it time

+2

Hello. 8 weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Your breast look normal for the size you have chosen

+2

There is nothing wrong and your breast look fine for early post op ans the size that used. They will improve more with time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rest assured!

+2

For 8 weeks post op you are healing well. Your implants will settle in the coming weeks and swelling will resolve as well.

David Steckler, MD, FACS
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enlargement, Board Certified, Fat Transfer Breast, Nipntuck Breast Enlargement, Silicone Gel implants, Saline Implants

+2

It is too early to tell as to whether your asymmetry will persist.  Please be patient and allow your breasts to heal the full 6 months.  This most likely represents asymmetric muscle contracture as a result of your resuming work outs.  That being said, shaped implants can and do rotate out of position.  Remember both implants must be oriented very close to the vertical axis of your breasts to look the best.  This is one of the draw backs of tear dropped shaped implants.  As you might tell, I am not a fan.  Also, don't forget you MRI tests after silicone gel implants as recommended by the FDA.  Manufacture reported rupture rates can be as high as 9% during the first 10 years after surgery.  Good luck.

Ralph W. Bashioum, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the breast after breast augmentation

+2

Looking at your pictures you do have an obvious asymmetry. It would have been helpful to have your pictures prior to the surgery. By 8 weeks most of the swelling is resolved and minor asymmetries may not be seen. It does take 3 to 6 months for the breast to "settle". You should discuss the asymmetry with your surgeon and if revision is needed 6 months would be a good time to do so.

Good luck 

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Do my Breasts Look Normal?

+2

Yes, your breasts look normal. Photos are not as good as an in person exam, but it is all we have here. I would normal expect some difference in the rates at which the implants settle, a process that can take 3 to 6 months. 

Do follow with your surgeon. All the best. 

Your breasts look very well

+1

your breasts look very well for an  early  post surgical   period, with time they will look better, don`t worry, the surgeon did a very good job, congratulation

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD