Will my Breasts Improve? Uneven Post Lift w/ Implants. (photo)

I had a mastopexy with implants (240cc saline) on 2/2/12. I am very concerned at the shape and fact they don't match. What are the chances of them shaping up to look like they match? I wanted larger implants but was told after surgery that PS went as large as he felt was safe as to not compromise blood flow etc. Just sad at how they look at this point after spending thousands $$$$$$.

Uneven after breast lift

+2

Way too early. Relax. Keep your  appointments with your surgeon. Follow instructions. Looks ok for now.

Breast surgery early post-op

+2

Remember, each breast is a bit different and it is very difficult to match them up exactly. But it is still early and you have to give it time to heal.

Too early to tell

+2

It is way to early to judge the final shape and symmetry of your surgery. Please see your surgeon regularly to discuss your concerns.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

+2

Thanks for the posted photos. at this early healing stage very hard to tell or see your issues. Allow 3 months healing than post the photos so we can help. 

Your results are normal for the 2 weeks post surgery

+2

The pictures show a lot of swelling,bruising and no before pictures to compare. You should wait before judging the results.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy

+2

Swelling, bruising and symmetry issues are not uncommon after breast augmentation with mastopexy especially in the first several months.  You should certainly give it 6 months at least before making a final judgement.  In general, it is very difficult to achieve perfect symmetry when doing both procedures together and many patients have asymmetries to begin with.  It seems as if your surgeon has been giving you good advise and you may be best served by continued followup with him and give things more time.

Stephen Delia, MD

Result after Mastopexy Augmentation

+2

You have a very normal result for this timepoint postoperatively.  Your breast will change over the next several months.  Some asymmetry will always remain when the breast were shaped differently preoperatively, which I suspect yours were.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+2

Thank you for the  question and pictures.

Although your concern about the breast appearance is understandable,  it is much too early to evaluate the final size, shape, and symmetry of the breasts after breast augmentation/lifting. I would suggest that you allow for 6 months to pass before making this evaluation.  In the meantime, continue close follow up with your plastic surgeon.

It sounds like your plastic surgeon has use good judgment in order to avoid complications  with blood flow that may arise with this operation. Again, although eventual disappointment with size may be an issue,  it would behoove you to remember that decisions were made to keep you safe and complication free.  If these complications were to arise,  they would be much more costly in many ways.

Once incisions have healed  and you have determined that you would like larger breast implants placed,  this can generally be done safely.

Healing after breast lift with implants

+1

Your photos show that your surgery was very recent. You have a LONG way to go before you see your final result. Your incisions need to heal, your swelling and bruising needs to resolve, and your implants need to settle.  All of this will take at least 6 months.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to be patient, and keep all your appointments with your plastic surgeon. I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon