My Breasts Make a Gurgle Sound when I Lift Them Post BA Procedure (24 Hrs Ago). Is This Normal?

+1
After only 24 hours post breast augmentation, the sounds you hear are not unusual.  Sometimes there is still a bit of fluid or even air in the pocket created for the breast implants and this should resolve over time.

Gurgle sound after breast augmentation

+1

You are very early in your post operative course.  The sounds you are hearing, (gurgling, sloshing, squeaking, etc;) are usually normal.  Plastic Surgeons will make a pocket and then place the implant inside.  There is usually some air and fluid in the pocket.  That is what is making the sound, especially with movement.  This usually resolves by itself over time.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Air and fluid sounds in first few days after breast augmentation surgery

+1

The "gurgle" sound immediately after the surgery is usually due to air and fluid that are present in the pockets made for the implants. The antibiotic irrigation as well as air compressed during the insertion of the implants get absorbed by the body over the few days to weeks during the healing process.

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Sloshing or gurgling sounds are common after breast augmentation - especially without drains

+1

After a breast augmentation, it is common to hear funny sounds from inside the breasts such as sloshing or gurgling.

At the time of surgery, we irrigate (wash out) the pocket where the implant is to be placed with a solution that often contains antibiotics.

Some surgeons do not use drains.  I usually place a drain if a foreign body (i.e. an implant) is placed, to gently remove this fluid as the body heals.  This can decrease the risk of infection and facilitate smooth, uneventful healing.

The wound fluid produced by the body will be slowly absorbed.  Please visit the link below from my website to learn more!

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.C.

Plastic Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery

Gurgling after impalnts

+1

Gurgling noises jsut after bresat implants are most likley related to fluid placed in the pocket after surgery. Usually this goes away in a few days.  Good luck.

Gurgling sound after breast augmentation

+1

There is invariably air that gets into the surgical field through the incision. This is what gives the sound as the air is displaced by the implant when the breast is moved. The air is resorbed, usually by one week after the surgery, and the sounds should cease.