Will my Breasts Keep Growing After the Surgery? (photo)

Im 17, 5ft, 100lbs, and wear a 29G bra size. Anyways, i saw a plastic surgeon at kaiser yesterday and he said my insurance will cover it, so my parents agreed. I then went ahead and made a surgery date for June, (i turn 18 in May). Will i lose a nipple? The doctor said he can only reduce half the size, otherwise it heightens the risk of bleeding or anything like that. Is that true? Also, im getting the surgery in June. Will i be able to go to the beach? Will they keep growing after the surgery?

Breast Reduction at 17?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and pictures, I think you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point. In my practice, timing of breast reduction surgery is determined on a case-by-case basis. It is not too early to do your homework and learn as much as possible  about  breast reduction surgery and the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure. I am glad to hear that you have the support of your parents as you do your homework.

As you learn about breast reduction surgery, make sure you read about the potential risk/complications associated with the procedure. You may find the attached link helpful in this regard.  For example, unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

When the time is right, choose your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

+1

Thanks for the questions and posting the photos. But you need better understanding of the operation and the anticipated results. So either return to see the PS or see a few more in consultation until you fully understand the complete operation and post operative course. 

Breast reduction

+1

If you are fully developed it is unlikely that your breasts will still grow. Although, I suppose it is possible.  Usually I have my patients wait about 6 weeks or so to start vigorous activity. Going to the beach is OK after a few weeks provided that you have healed successfully.