Why Do my Breasts Look Very Funny After Surgery, Smaller and Spaced Apart? (photo)

I got my BA two days ago, I know its still kind of early but I'm really scared. I really wanted cleavage(naural looking) but my ps said that my breasts are spaced too far apart. I thought they were cute before and now they look ugl, idk if it is because it is so soon or what. They are so far apart and my nipples are so low. They also look small from the front and big from the side. Will they settle so the nipple is in a normal position? Will they get any closer together? Or look like they are?

2 days post-op is too early to judge breast augmentation results

+1

2 days is way too early to judge the results of your breast augmentation surgery.  Your breasts are swollen, the soft tissues have not yet accomodated to the increased volume, and your implants have not yet "settled" into place.  Looking at your photos, your implants have been symmetrically placed, centered behind the nipple, as they should be.  Putting them closer together to produce more cleavage would look very unnatural.  Things will improve over time (including your cleavage and nipple position).  Be patient and follow your doctor's instructions.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, 2 days postop.

+1

2 days postop. is way too early to make any judgements regarding final outcome.  The soft tissues need to stretch and allow things to settle down.  The implants do need to be positioned over the nipple, however, and your own natural tissues, size of implant and type of bra will all determine amount of cleavage. 

Stephen Delia, MD

Breast Augmentation Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you have stated, it is much too early (2 days out of surgery)  to evaluate the results of your breast augmentation surgery. It is very likely that during the next few weeks/months the breast implants will “settle” and the nipple/areola complexes will sit higher on the breast mounds.

It does appear based on your pictures that the breast implants have been positioned correctly below the nipple areola complexes. The space between your breasts  is the natural spacing that exist between your breasts before surgery. If your plastic surgeon attempted to change this distance significantly,  you may have ended up with a complication such as medial breast implant malposition.

Although easier said than done, I would suggest that you not worry about the appearance of the breasts at this point;  understand that they will be undergoing significant changes in the next few weeks to months. In my practice, I ask my patients to wait at least 6 months before evaluating the end results of surgery.

2 days post op

+1

At two days post op its very early. Your breasts will settle and change for the next couple months. If you are unhappy at that point im sure you can revise them or go with a bigger implant.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

At two days you ae way to early to see the post-op final rsults. You need to give it a few months for things to settle down.