Are my Breasts Fixable? (photo)

Hello, I've been looking into breast lifts plus implants for years. I've looked at so many before and after pictures and I've never seen anyone with breasts like mine. I'm 32, had one child. My breasts have always been extremely asymmetrical. It's like my left breast never developed completely. From breast crease to nipple the right is about 4 inches, the left maybe 1.5 inches. Can this asymmetry be corrected?

Breast Asymmetry Fixable?

+2

Thank you for the question had pictures.

Yes, the shape and symmetry of your breast can be improved with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  Your best bet is to meet with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals clearly;  in my practice, I prefer the use of goal  pictures to help with this communication process.

Many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

It may also help you to learn about the options (pros/cons)  of doing the breast surgery in a single versus two-staged  fashion.

Are my Breasts Fixable

+2

Yes,  your breasts are asymmetrical. I would not call them extremely so myself. As well as one can tell from the photos the volumes look fairly even in size. 

Your breast size and symmetry can be improved with implants and a breast lift. More specific advice would come in the setting of an in person consultation. Expect to try on implants and to discuss various incision patterns, the minimum of which will likely be an incision around the areolas and vertical incision down to the breast fold. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast Asymmetry Correction

+1

If you are otherwise healthy, you definitely look like you could benefit from a breast lift with or without implants.  Your asymmetry can definitely be improved on.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Breast lift

+1

The asymmetry can be improved, although there may always be some. If you look closely, one fold may be higher than the other. Regardless, you can do a lift on the left, and a reduction on the right to achieve symmetry.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

There are some good responses here but I would agree with Dr. Becker and caution against an implant done at the same time as the lift (mastopexy) along with the need to adjust for the asymmetry. The minimum cup size increase with an implant is one cup size, they don't lift the breast, and you have adequate forward projection and upper pole fill which is what an implant provides but a lift doesn't. 

I true lift using a vertical or lollipop incision looks to be the optimal approach. The right areola needs to be downsized more than the left and a small amount of volume can be taken out of the right to offset the size difference. You will still not be perfectly symmetric but a lot better proportioned and shaped. No implant needed. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry is commonly corrected with breast surgery.

+1

The breasts in the picture show modest asymmetry. The also show a modest degree of ptosis. The size appears to be generous so I don't think a breast augmentation is part of the equation. A suitably trained plastic surgeon can discuss the various options.

Breast lift with or without augmentation can provide a very nice result

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Take comfort in knowing that you can achieve a very nice breast shape result with a breast lift with or without a breast augmentation.  I would recommend obtaining a consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons that can show you good before and after results with the type of breasts that you have.  The link below is from one of my patients that recently had a breast lift alone.  She is only one month out from surgery but I wanted to show you an example of what can be accomplished.
Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with or without implants

+1

Your photographs show asymmetry, the right breast larger than the left.  You have not stated your cup size.  If you are happy with the size of the smaller breast then a lift can be done on both breasts with a small reduction on the right breast.  If you are unhappy with the size of the left breast then you would require augmentation on that side with bilateral simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique reshapes your breast tissue, elevates then higher on the chest wall and increases cleavage.  This is done without a vertical scar of the lollipop or boat anchor incisions.  The other advantage of this technique is it relieves pain by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle and provides long term stability.  You may be an excellent candidate for The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with reduction on the right side or augmentation on the left side, depending on your needs.  

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1

You appear to have a small degree of asymmetry and mostly ptosis. The size mismatch can be corrected at the time of the lift. I dont think you need implants unless you want to be larger

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry is fixable

+1

The answer is yes. Your appearance is not at all uncommon, and very fixable.  A mastopexy, or breast lift procedure, involving and inverted T wise pattern incision would give you a long lasting and excellent cosmetic result. At your age with your appearance you have great volume but excess skin due to the effect of the volume on the skin. Therefore a lift as I described would give you the result you desire. Good Luck 

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon