Will my Breasts Ever Even Up, if They Were Uneven Pre-opeation? (photo)

Hi everyone, I am one month post-op, I had 425 CC silicone under the muscle in each breast. The consultation that I had pre-op was kind of rushed and my doctor pointed out that one breast is larger, however he didn't mention that there was something I could do about it (such as use different size of implant). Not until after the surgery was done I learned about such a possibility. Is there anything I can do at this point? I live in a different state now and doctor doesn't return my emails.

You have an excellent result following breast augmentation I would not revise

+1

Thank you for your question. Considering that you had an asymmetry before your breast augmentation I think your result looks excellent. A different size implant would perhaps create an even worse asymmetry. A lift could be done on the larger sidebut I think that would be a mistake because of the scarring involved. I think you have an excellent result.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Uneven small breasts augmented with silicone implants can remain uneven as large breasts.

+1

Greetings,

One month is a bit early to envision your long term result. Your appearance may improve with time but the volume difference will probably persist. It is time to make an appointment with the original operating surgeon (even though you have moved away). You should return for a candid discussion of your concerns. Possible remedies, if needed can be discussed, as well.

Best Regards. 

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Will my uneven breasts even up over time

+1

Congratulations on your surgery!! At 1 month post-op, you are healing very well and everything looks on track from the photos. Yes, you did have asymmetry pre-operatively and being that your surgeon used the same sized implants in both breasts, I suspect that you will continue to have asymmetry even after your swelling has gone down and your breasts have settled. Keeping in mind that everyone has some asymmetry, in your case I would most likely have used 2 different sized implants in an attempt to make them closer in size. Make sure you discuss your concerns with your surgeon and re-evaluate in about 6 months to decide if they are acceptable to you. If not and your surgeon is not available, consider interviewing another couple board certified plastic surgeons in your area and go from there. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will my Breasts Ever Even Up, if They Were Uneven Pre-opeation?

+1

I do not see any issue in your result! If you could be MORE specific to exactly what you see as an issue. In fact your result looks great! 

What to do for pre-op and post-op asymmetry.

+1

I'm sorry to hear of and see your problem; I agree the right breast is larger and more ptotic pre-operatively, and post-op is still visibly larger, though the ptosis is much less asymmetric with the increased volume on each side.

At this point in time, there could still be residual (asymmetric) swelling that is emphasizing the true asymmetry. With the passage of several months, you should reach a final appearance and can make your own assessment as to the degree and acceptability (or not) of the residual asymmetry.

Frankly, this degree of asymmetry pre-operatively could have, and probably should have, been addressed with implants of different sizes. I would have guessed about 60-75cc discrepancy between your breasts, possibly more. As such, I probably would have selected implants to accommodate this difference and reduce the residual asymmetry.

The true actual asymmetry is mathematically less, however, as can be shown with the following example:

Let's say your right breast pre-operatively was 100cc in size (it's actually larger than that, but I'm choosing these fictional sizes for ease of math), and the left 90cc.

That is a 10% difference between breasts.

Now, let's add 400cc identical implants to both sides, for a final size of 500cc on the right, and 490cc on the left--a 2% difference!

So as you can see, regardless of the degree of pre-operative asymmetry, adding the same implants to both sides will actually reduce the final asymmetry. One of my patients' husband put it another way; he said "If I have 1 pound in one hand and 2 pounds in the other, that's a 100% difference, but if I have 101 pounds and 102 pounds, then nobody could tell the difference." Obviously we're dealing with more subtle discrepancies, but a visible difference of 2-3 implant sizes (since implants come in 30cc increments, below the threshhold for visible difference) can indeed be accommodated for.

Shame on your doctor for not responding; that is his/her responsibility since s/he was paid for that follow-up. Revision is always an option once things have fully settled. I recommend a minimum of 3 months, but 6-12months is better, and you can then decide if you wish to return to your own surgeon or seek revision elsewhere. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/photogallery/breast-lift-plus-augmentation-5861/case-3-21779

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast aug

+1

I agree that both preop and post op your right breast is larger.  If there is an asymmetry preop, as there always is, the same asymmetry will exist post op.  I think that your result is within the acceptable range.  Not perfect but acceptable.  Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon