Will my Breasts Even Out, or Am I Bottoming Out? (2 Months Post Op. Under the Muscle Breast Augmentation) (photo)

I am afraid my breast will not drop and that y left breast is in fact bottoming out. After doing some research I understand the risks and levels of severity in bottoming out. I am hoping that due to the fact that I am right handed that my right breast has dropped fully, while my left will eventually settle. I visited my ps for my 6 week follow up and addressed my concerns. He did a evaulation and determined that my left had in fact not fully dropped. Second opinion?

Uneven Breasts after Breast Augmentation-Wait 6 months for Repair

+3

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to see asymmetry or uneven breasts early after Breast Augmentation.

Generally Breast Implants do drop but this process can take 3 months.

Ask your doctor about breast displacement exercises to focus on pushing the Right side down.

I doubt you left side will bottom out based on how it looks now.

If after 6 months the right side is still high a simple revision can be done.

6 weeks post breast surgery

+2

At six weeks post breast surgery, it is a bit early to worry about fold differences. The breasts will drop some more over time.  If they are significantly different, then they can be treated.

Bottoming Out

+2

At 6 weeks after surgery it is too early to make any final assessment but the fact that they are progressing at different rates likely means some revisional surgery will be needed, either raising one or lowering one or a combination of both. The longer you wait the thicker/stronger the capsule around your implants gets which can make revisional surgery more predictable in outcome. Wait a minimum of 3-6 months. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Shape

+2

Unless your photos are reversed, it appears that your right side is actually higher than your left.  This may drop some over the next few months, so I would recommend waiting a few more months before considering any revision.

Donald Griffin, MD

Will my Breasts Even Out, or Am I Bottoming Out?

+1

You do have a little unevenness so I would continue massage to try and get the higher side to drop a bit more and they should look a little more even. At six weeks you still have time to try and get that to settle just a bit more!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Dropout

+1

I am sorry that you are having issues with your results after surgery.  Unfortunately, your right breast has dropped out to a position where the nipple is too far into the upper hemisphere of your breast mound.  This is what gives your right breast profile an exaggerated 'perky' appearance.  Your left breast is actually in an ideal position, but is still too full on top because it is (as is the right one) too big for your body.  I will not use this opportunity to chastise you, but I do want you to know, as well as other perspective patients interested in breast augmentation that, this sort of problem doesn't have to happen if properly sized implants were chosen, based on body anatomy.

How much more positional and shape changes that occur to your breasts is uncertain. Saline implants usually drop for many months after surgery ('water hammer effect'), silicone gel less so. Conversely, your body's ability to 'hold' the implants is uncertain, and varies from person to person.

Regardless, the left will probably not catch up to the right, and you wouldn't want it too either. If you decide that you are not happy with the appearance of your breasts, you should consider a revision surgery, usually between 3 to 6 months, depending on how well healed you are. Breast augmentation revision is more complex and difficult to perform.  If your doctor is not very experienced in breast revision surgery, you should seek out another surgeon.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS