1 Month Post-Op Breast Augmentation, Worried my Breasts Won't Even Out, How Long Should I Wait? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post op and I think my surgeon has done a great job, however I'm a little concerned that about how my right breast looks. It seems to be sitting higher and not a full at the bottom. Do I just need to be patient and wait for it to drop and fluff or is this how it will stay? I am right handed and had 450cc cohesive gel moderate profile implants on both sides placed under the muscle. The bottom photo in the pic i posted was taken today, 4 weeks 2 days post op.

ASymmetry

+3

You had asymmetry to begin with and the breasts look great but of course have a slightly diffrerent fold, etc.  NTD (nothing to do)..enjoy them you have a great result.

+3

Much too early to be so concerned with a very nice result. Please wait for 6 months before even thinking about a "revision". 

Breast asymmetry

+2

Thanks for your question.  I agree your surgeon has done an excellent job.  You are only a month out and more subtle changes will occur.  I do want to point out to you that you had breast asymmetries pro-operatively which will affect your final outcome and in particular your expectation.  Please discuss these features with your surgeon and what expectation you should set for the six month mark.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast Asymmetry and Augmenation

+2

It looks like you have had significant improvement in the shape of your breasts since the surgery. This continues to improve each week. One month is too early to make any decisions regarding your outcome and it is common fro breasts to heal at different rates. Be patient and continue to watch for progress over the next 2-3 months. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Asymmetry One Month After Augmentation

+2

You appear in your photos to have a very nice result for one month.  Things will continue to change a bit over the next few weeks.  You certainly have at this point far less asymmetry than you had pre-operatively.

John Whitt, MD

Asymmetry

+2

Your pictures show a little breast asymmetry preoperatively which tends to be more noticeable when the breasts are larger.  Also, it appears that you had more swelling early on in the right breast which has lessened over the time interval of your pictures.  Your breasts now look fairly good, and may continue to be more symmetric with time.  You should also understand that when patients have preoperative asymmetry, the breast may never be exactly equal no matter what is done surgically.

Donald Griffin, MD

Symmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

It may be several months before you see the final results of surgery after breast augmentation/mastopexy. At that point ( approximately 6 months after surgery),  most of the changes that will occur have done so and it will be more realistic to evaluate the end results of surgery,  including symmetry.

Keep in mind, that  absolute symmetry is unlikely.  Most patients begin and end up with some degree of breast asymmetry after breast augmentation.

I ask all my patients to keep in mind that the breast will be “sisters not identical twins”... Snowflakes,  each one different...

Uneveness

+2

It will take another 2-3 months before you can determine your results. It looks pretty good right now given the asymmetry of your breasts before your surgery. The implant levels look about right, but it is too early. Follow up with your surgeon

Michael Hueneke, MD

Asymmetry Following Breast Augmentation

+1

Like the previous posters, I also think you have a very nice result following your breast augmentation.  As you can see, you had a normal amount of breast asymmetry prior to surgery, and will still likely have a normal amount of breast asymmetry after your breast augmentation surgery.  However, you are still very recently out from your surgery, and should wait atleast three to six months before making any final decisions regarding asymmetry or revision surgery.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Breast Augmentation Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Your results will continue to evolve for 6 months after breast augmentation. You should continue to followup with your plastic surgeon. You already have a wonderful result, which should improve over time. Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation is a given as most women have some breast asymmetry before surgery. Good Luck, Ankit Desai, MD - Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon